Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys. here it is. my system has been in the car since i purchased her. started sound proofing so decided to take some pics for you guys. first i must say this was a hell of alot of work. but its well worth it. as everyone else i had that annoying rattle in my trunk when the music was bopping. anyways, after today no more rattle. can wait to head out and blast. so about two weeks ago i started with the doors. i did all four doors with threelayers in the inner wall and two layers in the outer wall of the doors. this week i took on the project of the trunk lid along with the rear fenders and wheel well. the rear fenders have three layers and the wheel well has two layers. the back of the trunk, right above the bumper, has three layers as well. the trunk lid has three layers as well. i did cover all holes that were not needed by those stupid little plastics screws. i tested the music with some hard hitting gangsta rap or reggeaton and i got abit of rattle from the rear of the trunk lid. actually the left side of the lid. so i added another layer, 4th layer, to that portion of the trunk lid and adjusted the screw right under the trunk lid. added some material to the back of the license plate and tested music....there is a god. no more rattle. not only has the rattle disappeared but the bass is so much deeper. i still have more to do. will do the floor of the car when i get my leather interior and the sides as well. will post pics as soon as i get started. so here are the pics.:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
with the weather warming up..minus the snow yesterday..it's time for me to put in an order with FatMat...thanks for reminding me fellas

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
congrats, i know its well worth it. Check me out.:)

Looks very nice. i know the sound is so much better. how much fatmat did you use. i went through a little more than100^feet for the doors and the trunk. but the difference is great. post some pics of the whip.

·
Registered
86 Posts
That looks good. I'm also going to have to do that to my trunk lid, as it sounds like crap when the bass hits. How much fatmat did you use and how hard was the install? In putting so many layers on the trunk lid, did you notice it getting heavier and not staying open?

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Have any idea how much it weighs just to do the trunk? I would like to do that but need to keep the weight down.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That looks good. I'm also going to have to do that to my trunk lid, as it sounds like crap when the bass hits. How much fatmat did you use and how hard was the install? In putting so many layers on the trunk lid, did you notice it getting heavier and not staying open?
I used three sheets on the lid itself. the lid stays up without a problem. after i installed the layers i adjusted the screw at the bottom of the ld. i have absolutely no rattle. well worth it. Regarding fatamt layering the more you use the better. im not syaing put 5 layers. test and see. what i did i put one layer then tested music. after the secnd layer i didnt need more but decided one last layer. i dont regret it one bit:)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
here are some more pics

i did te inside rear housing where the speakers drop in. theres two layers. was kinda of a pain in the &^%* but well worth it. i want to do the headliner because the front part of the headliner where it meets the windhshield rattles alot and i hate it. so im not sure if i want to do that part myself. may ask my buddy that does my music to give me a hand. better yet i will give him a hand. as soon as i get the custom interior will do the floor. will post pics when that gets done.

Attachments

·
Registered
630 Posts
My issue with Fatmat is the tar smell. I used it in a hatchback of mine and it smelled for weeks. No way would I use it inside my C.
I'd go with a non-asphalt based product such as Dynomat Extreme or RAAMat BXT.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts