Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks;
Knowing that I would need to know the model numbers of the components of my SRT8, I did a search for sales codes, etc., but could not find reference to a source in the forum.

Does anyone have a source for these codes? I am hoping that there is a website somewhere that I can enter my VIN into and get a whole list of xx tranny, yy engine, qq differential, etc., which will make it much easier to know what tsbs apply. I have the sticker that came on the car, but it doesn't have the tech model data for the components.

Also, anyone know a good source for hardcopy service manuals at reasonable (or any) prices?

Thanks,
James

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
Yeravener said:
Hi folks;
Knowing that I would need to know the model numbers of the components of my SRT8, I did a search for sales codes, etc., but could not find reference to a source in the forum.

Does anyone have a source for these codes? I am hoping that there is a website somewhere that I can enter my VIN into and get a whole list of xx tranny, yy engine, qq differential, etc., which will make it much easier to know what tsbs apply. I have the sticker that came on the car, but it doesn't have the tech model data for the components.

Also, anyone know a good source for hardcopy service manuals at reasonable (or any) prices?

Thanks,
James

The service department at the dealership can print out what is called a "SPID" (??) label - - I have no Idea what that acronym actually stands for, but it is exactly the list you are looking for - - every single detail of exactly how your car is equipped.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet!!!

Thats exactly what I needed....thanks kevenj!

I found CD service manuals on ebay for $50, but will try the dealer for a hardcopy too...

James

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Kinda an unrelated question (and not trying to threadjack) but it's somewhat on pace with this thread... Anyone know how much a Calif. Wood Trim steering wheel, door pulls and shifter knob would cost? (Thinking about an SRT8 and replacing the std ones with ones like my C) Only the wheel would need dealer install I'd think. That's the one thing I like about the C's over the SRTs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
That would be great, Steve!

My vin is in a pm to you.

Thanks for your help...I appreciate it..

James

(Don't know on the cost of the wood, Mrhappy)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts