Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought her about a week ago. 2006 Srt8 w / 22 inch wheels, cai, headers and a diablo sport tuner and very slight shake at idle. Wondering if it has a cam. She seems faster than my 5th gen camaro that had cai, headers(stock exhaust) & tune... Significantly faster even with heavier wheels.

Maybe someone here knows what has been done to her. She is also lowered with coilovers.

Attachments

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,574 Posts
The 6.1L has a fairly aggressive cam so some rumpity rump at idle is normal.

Moved thread to regional forum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, great. I just remember test driving back in 2007 and don't remember the idle being like this. But I did have a Vette at the time that had a bigger cam and the lope was super obvious - so maybe going from that car to test driving the 2007 SRT8 charger is why I couldn't notice at the time. My Camaro has 5.7 with headers & CAI - no cam and its idle is a lot smoother than the 300C. Oh well - a dyno will give me more info.

What are you guys getting HP to the wheels on your cars that DO NOT have a cam?

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Take a video at idle by the tailpipe and of the evic rpm counter, should give us a better clue. Any tool marks on the front timing cover bolts or the intake manifold bolts? Where are you located? I'm in Naples and go to Miami/Lauderdale area a fair bit...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info on what to check. I am close to Sawgrass Mall in Plantation/Sunrise area.

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Next time I'm over your way if you wanna grab a coffee and bring her out I'll have a look over it and see what I can see too... Built more than one cammed SRT, got a pretty good feeling for the sound they make. My wife has family in Sunrise and in Cooper City... Plus we damn near live at Ikea lately... Lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes sir.. not a problem at all. Starbucks right next to Ikea. I'm like a mile away from IKEA.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Shot these videos a few days ago. I think now that I am used the rougher idle that I believe it probably doesn't have a cam. But she can move pretty quick for such a heavy car.

Will hit the 1/4 mile next week wednesday to see does. And see if I can get to a dyno this weekend.

I will do one later with the specifics mentioned earlier, but I think you can see enough. Only thing i can say at idel she has that little shake.

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Errr hell ya it is...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I don't know anymore but she is fast. At 80mph she can really punch nicely.

First world problems today. Which one should I use today?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts