·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is interesting. When you get the website up,

click on your state. Then the next window is a listing
of cities in that state. Click on your city to see

where speed traps are located.

I had no idea this was available to everyone.

No joke. They are right on the money with my area.

SpeedTrap Exchange

Received this information via email, just thought I should share. To help out those lead footed folks out there...lol

-ZEUS

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
Thanks for sharing Zeus. From the trap areas I am familiar with where I am at, this is dead on the money.

·
Registered
597 Posts
wow, lol there like 3 or 4 on my way to work that i tear by, gonna have to slow down :D

thanks for the info much appreciated

·
Registered
353 Posts
We appreciate you sharing this. However, none of us are concerned as we always obey the local traffic laws. And are very safe conscience drivers.

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
We appreciate you sharing this. However, none of us are concerned as we always obey the local traffic laws.
And yesterday I saw the Tooth Fairy. :)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
wow theres a **** load in my city, thanks for the post

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
LOL!!! I think its funny that with all the bigger communities here in Utah they have my little old town of 600 people listed. I remember a few yrs ago there was a website that actually listed my humble lil town in one of the top 50 speed traps in America. Oh boy is it true, you go 1 mph over and they WILL site you, unless you live there of course. Its how the town gets most of its revenue. They're even one of the smallest communities in Utah that employ a Charger Interceptor. The HP usually are the ones that use those! Funny how accurate that site really is!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Speed

We appreciate you sharing this. However, none of us are concerned as we always obey the local traffic laws. And are very safe conscience drivers.

I get cought speeding when I have no intention to speed (avbout 15 years ago). It's when I am very tired and my foot get's heavy. I havent goten any speeding tickets when I am alert, no matter what speed I am driving. You need to think of likely good spots for the radar guns.

I like to let the 300 roll downhill and I hate to cause global warming by using the brakes. Of course the cops know that.

HKS

·
Registered
247 Posts
DAMN!! right on que with Lombad AND CAROL STREAM on us route 64 past gary ave those [email protected] ALWAYS SIT THEIR (AND ALL MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY MEMBERS KNOW NOT to speed their because of those guys!!!)... theirs like 15 people confirming that as well (obviously) on that site!!! crazy!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I work at Invensys on the corner of North ave and Gary and they are very creative with speed traps. My favorite is a cop sitting in the median in a lawn chair with a speed gun just west of Gary on nice sunny days.

·
Registered
311 Posts
When I become emperor of the universe the first thing I'll do is ban speed traps. They have nothing to do with traffic safety and everything to do with revenue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts