Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We purchased our 2006 Chrysler 300C AWD about a year ago, with less than 70,000 miles. Overall we have loved the vehicle, but as I was traveling from work last week all of the gauges on the dashboard suddenly lit up, the tachometer and speedometer went nuts and the headlights went off. I quickly pulled into a parking lot, shut off the vehicle and then restarted it. Everything seemed to work, so I came home. The problem has not repeated itself, but I'm half afraid to take the car anywhere--especially at night.

I've seen different things on line leading me to believe others have had this problem. Some have referenced replacing the instrument cluster.

- Is this problem common on this car?
- Does anyone know how much it might cost to replace an instrument cluster?
- Any other ideas?

Any thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated. :feedback: Thank you in advance!

·
Administrator
13,060 Posts
I'm gonna start with the other ideas:

1. The battery is reaching the end of it's useful life.
2. The main harness connection at the firewall is loose or may be dirty or corroded.
3. The PCM harness connection could be loose or corroded. This usually results in other codes being displayed so is a remote possibility.
4. The main positive or negative connection at the battery is loose or corroded.
5. The main positive connection at the starter may be loose or corroded.
6. The main positive connection at the auxiliary power post (under the hood near the fuse box) may be loose or corroded

The best course of action is to check all main power connections (battery, starter and aux post), check the main harness connections at the PCM and firewall, then load test the battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for your response. We'll go through the list you provided--hopefully the problem will be resolved with no cluster replacement required. Thanks again!

·
Registered
10 Posts
need super help

with my car my2008 300c hemi 5.7 my problem is some times the speed and rpm needles go up by them self at the same time the reverse sensors lights in the back go full on the and the radio will stop. some times the windscreen wipers will go. then all go's back working
also i get the damages/wrong key (the merc key/cube) come up when put the key/cube in so i have to put in and pull out the key untill it starts to work and i only have one key/cube

what should i do
should i just set fire to the car
HELP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts