Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chrysler didn't waste any time capitalizing on the Spin It Your Way Contest. This car's gonna get a lot of exposure. Good move Chrysler cuz the name of the game is sex sells!!! WWE is going to promote it every chance they get too. Hey she's even going to open her own custom car shop!!!
----------------------

April 9, 2008 By Mike Ellis

What a tag team.

No doubt, the car you drive makes a statement. And in the world of professional wrestling, making a statement before climbing into the ring is critical - to stir up the crowd, excite fans and leave an unforgettable impression.

Some enter the ring to theme music and pyrotechnics, but how many drive a car? If she has her way, Lisa Maria Varon, better known as Victoria, will soon be driving into the WWE ring in her customized Chrysler 300C, which she calls the "Black Widow".

A two-time WWE Women's Championship title holder, Varon transformed her 2006 Chrysler 300C into the "Black Widow", with scissor doors, 24-inch rims and video screens in the head rest.

Varon and her customized ride were voted by the public as the winners of the Chrysler "Spin It Your Way" contest. Her video of her Chrysler 300 being customized was chosen from 25 final video entries from passionate Chrysler 300 owners. You can see her video by visiting the "Spin It Your Way" page on YouTube by clicking here - SPIN IT.

Travelling around the country to WWE events every week, Varon gets behind the wheel of many different cars.

"Four days a week, I rent a different car. I was fortunate enough to rent a Chrysler 300. And once I drove that car one time, I was sold. It was so smooth. For a big car, it had a lot of pick up," she said.

After she bought her 2006 Chrysler 300C with the HEMI engine, it was only a matter of time before she customized it. Known for her spider-like wrestling moves, such as the "Spider Web", it was only fitting that she gave the 300C a "Black Widow" theme. The hood of her 300C is stylized with the words "Black Widow" separated by a spider in a web.

"I'm into customizing. Everything I do, I customize. I customize my phone, my shoes. I just put my little personality into everything I own," she said.
Customization has turned into a side business for Varon. She's planning on launching her own custom car shop in Louisville, Ky. called Black Widow Customs. (The WWE had a nice article on Varon and her new business, which you can see by clicking this link - BLACK WIDOW).

Varon loves her car so much, she made it her background wallpaper on her page on Facebook, where she has more than 70,000 friends. (That's a picture of her in the ring, from her Facebook page) "I've always been into cars," she said. "I grew up in California, low-rider, stuff like that. It’s part of the lifestyle. Finally, I get to display what I'm into. Now, WWE is picking up on it, and every chance they get, they are promoting that car." "Hopefully, I can drive it into the ring."

Even if you're not a wrestling fan, you'll get a chance to see Varon's "Black Widow" 300C at the Los Angeles Auto Show this coming November. As the winner of the "Spin It Your Way" contest, Varon wins a round-trip to Los Angeles for the show, and her customized car will be on display there.
-------------------

Bernie

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Yep, good day for the Chyrsler sales team!

Unfortunately, they could've just paired up with that 'team' outside of the contest and let the average joe who really won the contest enjoy some time in the spotlight for all of us...

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Well, Rambit, I'm glad she excites you. To me, it's all about her and all her side promotions. I feel that the everyday owners who entered the contest were cheated out of this contest, especially those who did most or all of their own creative mods. Those are the folks that truly represent the 300.

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
That might be true but we're talking about a professional production vs. everyone else who entered, the everyday amateur.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I still think tork should have won :rolleyes:. His car looks wayy better to me, and it was all done by HIM with his insights.. Oh well, no matter what.. there will always be politics involved. :dead1:

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
They should let her ride it into the ring. That'll be the only time its ever driven.

At the end of the day, she's just a stupid bitch with fake tits.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Im just happy they called them scissor doors and not lambo's lol

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Yeah, and she had to asked "What is it again... Lambo doors... LAMBO DOORS! Isn't that cool?" Give me a break.

Definitely will get a lot of "exposure" from WWE though... if that's the "reality" they're going after!

Sheesh.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Yep, good day for the Chyrsler sales team!

Unfortunately, they could've just paired up with that 'team' outside of the contest and let the average joe who really won the contest enjoy some time in the spotlight for all of us...
EXACTLY! Tork's ride would/should have won had that been the case and they could have done their "celebrity-thing" during a different promotion. :twak:

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I'm just sad that our cars will in people's minds be connected with some stupid ass fake wrestling circus watched only by little boys and dumb adult "little boys." I'd much rather have my car connected with something classy than some back woods hillbilly "sport."

Wrasslin"??? Give me a break.

·
Registered
648 Posts
EXACTLY! Tork's ride would/should have won had that been the case and they could have done their "celebrity-thing" during a different promotion. :twak:
Yes the celebrity thing should have been a separate competition. There are a few celebrities with 300's so i am pretty sure they could have done this separate. The way this is looking, after seeing the kinda of work both you and tork have put into your rides, it is pretty much pointless to enter if you are not a celebrity. Or just simply have enough money to drop it off to unique whips with 40 grand and tell them to do what they do :dead1::pat:

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
To me her winning is just a huge slap in the face to all of us that have been doing this since day one with 300rd. Since the car was first introduced we all have been "spinning it" our way. Yea she might have won with votes but she should not have been allowed to enter. Hell they didn't even let our guys that did the Commercial and prototype "spins" enter why should she have been allowed, she's in the "Business"

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
That's pure bull**** right there.....

Pretty much saying go kick rocks to all the time and effort that REGULAR people put into making their videos...

Hey atleast shes got professional cameramen to take her pics and make her videos....

Must be nice being a celebrity :thumbsdow :squintfin :lame:

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
I hope in their first Live video/commercial shoot, the car catches fire ALA jackson's Pepsi commercial...

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
To me her winning is just a huge slap in the face to all of us that have been doing this since day one with 300rd. Since the car was first introduced we all have been "spinning it" our way. Yea she might have won with votes but she should not have been allowed to enter. Hell they didn't even let our guys that did the Commercial and prototype "spins" enter why should she have been allowed, she's in the "Business"

I was in the promo commercials on the internet and I'm disappointed in this outcome. Tork or TaylorMS should have been the TRUE winners NOT a "celebrity" (I've never heard of her before). It should have gone to the ones who do the work themselves with their OWN creativity. This sucks :yuck:

·
Registered
648 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Oh, I'm sure it was already hoped/counted on she'd win. i mean, what's the chance of a 'celebrity' like her waking up one day, clueless about scissor doors and not knowing she even owned a Chrysler, and saying 'i sure wish I could win a Car contest about my love for my car!". I bet she woke up from a call from either her, or Chrysler's PR/AD team with an idea to get them both more exposure, and a plan was hatched to hopefully use her fan base as voters to win... and we have what we have...

I don't think for a second it was a surprise she joined the contest, and won.. just my conspiracy theorist background.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Oh, I'm sure it was already hoped/counted on she'd win. i mean, what's the chance of a 'celebrity' like her waking up one day, clueless about scissor doors and not knowing she even owned a Chrysler, and saying 'i sure wish I could win a Car contest about my love for my car!". I bet she woke up from a call from either her, or Chrysler's PR/AD team with an idea to get them both more exposure, and a plan was hatched to hopefully use her fan base as voters to win... and we have what we have...

I don't think for a second it was a surprise she joined the contest, and won.. just my conspiracy theorist background.

I don't know about that one.....buuuuuuuuut I'm gonna go with my instincts on this one. PICK IT UP!!! :fing02:

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
I should clarify my post above... they called her after the contest idea was hatched/started, not created the contest for her. I wasn't clear in my conspiracy theory.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts