Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure, but I think it's the wrestler!!! Jeez, up to possibly 1.7 million total votes.
---------------------

Chrysler 300 Owners Demonstrate Individuality and Passion in "Spin it Your Way" Promotion
  • Bold design of award-winning Chrysler 300 inspires owners to create videos showcasing their customized vehicles
  • Louisville, Ky., woman wins contest and trip to Los Angeles to have her vehicle displayed at Los Angeles International Auto Show in November
Auburn Hills, Mich., Mar 31, 2008 - In addition to marking the return of the “Great American Car” when it was first introduced, and earning the distinction of being the most-awarded new car in automotive history*, the Chrysler 300 also proved to be a canvas for owners to express their passion and style through customization.

To capture and share this creativity, the Chrysler brand encouraged owners to “Spin it Your Way” by creating and uploading a short video to the Chrysler 300 YouTube channel. Each video showed how owners brought out their individuality by customizing their Chrysler 300.

The public voted for their favorite video and Lisa Marie Varon of Louisville, Ky., was named the “Spin it Your Way” contest winner, earning a trip for two to Los Angeles to see her customized Chrysler 300 displayed at the Los Angeles International Auto Show in November 2008. Varon’s video shows the transformation of her 2006 Chrysler 300C into her fun and aggressive “Black Widow.” The vehicle is customized with 24-inch rims, air suspension, indoor/outdoor lighting kits, 7-inch visor and headrest video screens, Lambeau doors and a whole lot more.

“We have found from our owners like Lisa that the Chrysler 300 is not just a sedan, it’s a passion, an expression of emotion captured in bold design that empowers and engages them to show their individuality,” said Ralph Gilles, Vice President – Jeep® Truck and Advance Interior Design, Chrysler LLC and lead designer of the 300. “‘Spin it Your Way’ was an interactive opportunity for owners to show how they put their own signature on the Chrysler 300 and to share their creativity with a wide audience.”

More than 317,000 people visited the Chrysler 300 channel where they watched the owner-testimonial videos nearly 1.7 million times and voted on the top 25 entries from passionate Chrysler 300 owners nationwide.

* Based on automotive awards won within initial year of model introduction.
-------------------

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yep, it was her and I wouldn't wanna mess with her...haha...
--------------------
Smackdown! Wrestling’s Victoria Wins Chrysler 300C “Spin It Your Way” Contest

March 31 2008 By Mike Ellis

VIDEO OF WINNING ENTRY

What a tag team.

The winner, in this corner, is the “Black Widow”, a customized 2006 Chrysler 300C with scissor doors, 24-inch rims and video screens in the visors and head rest. The partner of this bad boy is Lisa Marie Varon, better known as Victoria, the two-time winner of World Wrestling Entertainment’s Women’s Championship.

Varon and her customized ride were voted by the public as the winners of the Chrysler 300 “Spin It Your Way” contest. Her video, shown above, was chosen from 25 final video entries from passionate Chrysler 300 owners. Varon wins a round-trip to Los Angeles for the auto show in November, where her “Black Widow” 300C will be displayed.

“We’re going to bag it, make this thing smokin’ hot,” Varon said in the video above.

For more information on Varon, click this link – VICTORIA – to see a Wikipedia entry on her.

Courtesy of Wikipedia and Creative Commons

------------------------

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was my pick (even though she was a little annoying).
Yep, mine too although she didn't do any of the mods herself. I think they're looking at the celebrity promotability.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
One thing for sure... with the way she looks the attention will definitely be on the car! Sheesh!

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One thing for sure... with the way she looks the attention will definitely be on the car! Sheesh!
Jeez, maybe one too many bar fights eh!!!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
How the hell did she win? Yea it was her car but it was all done by some company. That ruins is for me. The rest were all done by the owners. Her's is just an other Overhaulin type car. Thats sucks.
But now we can say what we thought of some of thous cars.

Holly Sh**. What were some of them guys thinking,I've seen better customs by a 5 year old.

E

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Maybe she had the whole WWE and her fan club madly voting for her??? I wouldn't be surprised if she promoted herself big time all through this.

Bernie

·
Registered
683 Posts
I'm wondering if she didn't just go and buy a 300 simply for this contest. It really upset me that she just dropped it off at a "pimp my ride" shop and had them do all the work. Say what you want about the other guys but at least I got the impression they were much more hands on with their cars and show the passion that many of the forum members around here show. This pretty much ruins the whole contest for me.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Yep, mine too although she didn't do any of the mods herself. I think they're looking at the celebrity promotability.

Bernie
maybe not my pick, but I agree about the celeb endorsement... and yeah, it kinda sucked that she didn't do anything herself, she said she was going to be in Mexico while it was all getting done, and then she wasn't there when they showed the finished product... what gives?

And don't mean to be bichy about it but she seemed to stumble a it on her words when she was saying what she wanted done to ir, like she didn't know what rims or door mods she was getting and what bagging meant (though I'm sure many of our forum members would like to bag her, LOL)

Oh well, congrats to her... I have to say though, I liked torque monster much more...

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
well congrats to her but i think that there are members on this forum with better cars then hers, an example being hemissey (think i spelt his tag wrong :pat:) hell she didnt even know what she was talking about half the time or what was going to be done to her car.

I gotta say this too, she looks like a dolled up dude :scared:

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
How the hell did she win? Yea it was her car but it was all done by some company. That ruins is for me. The rest were all done by the owners. Her's is just an other Overhaulin type car. Thats sucks.
But now we can say what we thought of some of thous cars.

Holly Sh**. What were some of them guys thinking,I've seen better customs by a 5 year old.

E
I have to agree with you Eric. Chrysler's looking for more validity in the brand and customer/enthusiast loyalty and perspective, and they allow rules that give this contest to a female Pro-wrestler... yeah, now there's a "credible" sport! And she knew so much about what was done to her "ride."

The idea was a great one, with great potential... but the execution, particularly with this winner... I think will be as fake as her personna an "profession."

A BIG :thumbsdow

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
(though I'm sure many of our forum members would like to bag her, LOL)
Haha, that's just bad to the bone!!! You should change your name to NASTY-1...haha!!!

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think the contest was made with good intentions, but it quickly became just like that car with attitude thing. Look what we did to that one...haha. People voting 100's of times. She won out cuz she had more friends I guess. Kinda ruins the whole concept of a popularity contest IMO.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
if she shows up on the Customer Advisory board... that's the day I'll resign!

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
You expect anything fair or realistic to come out of this world? He who cheats the most, always wins... She should NOT have even been permitted to have her car in the contest IMHO.

Absolute bull ****e.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wtf

Am I wrong to have expected, I don't know more from the winner???
Feeling real let down and disappointed.
Don't feel the best car won. :yuck:
JMHO

How can you not know what's going on being done to your car?
There should be no hesitation or trying to guess what's this or that.

Okay I'm done now.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
You expect anything fair or realistic to come out of this world? He who cheats the most, always wins... She should NOT have even been permitted to have her car in the contest IMHO.

Absolute bull ****e.

Just to be clear I don't think any of us think she cheated. But her being a sudo celebrity was a bit on the NOT fair for the rest of them.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Am I wrong to have expected, I don't know more from the winner???
Feeling real let down and disappointed.
Don't feel the best car won. :yuck:
JMHO

How can you not know what's going on being done to your car?
There should be no hesitation or trying to guess what's this or that.

Okay I'm done now.

Funny thing is it was taped. Youd think that she could have just as easily said "ok whats my line? Lets shoot that one again." and that way actually delivered a video that didnt suck diseased donkey ballz. Just goes to show how little effort she put into it.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ah, what the heck guys. She won fair and square...haha. Congrats whoever you are.

Bernie

1 - 20 of 32 Posts