Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most of you guys think spinners have absolutly no place on this car. and i partially agree. however i had some spinners on my last car before i totaled it and absolutly loved them (especially when you pull up to a stop and you see your cars reflection in a window :D ). anyways, im debating whether or not to put a set my black 300. i was thinking get the chunkiest chrome rim and put a set of black spinners on it, or vice versa-and they definatly would be 22's. id love it if any of you could find pics (or even videos)of a black 300 with spinners on it just so i can get a feel of what they look like on this car. like i said im very hesitant about it because i want to preserve the classy look of the car as much as possible, and adding spinners turns it strait ghetto. so please.........find me some examples!

·
Registered
323 Posts
hey man, i was thinking the same thing as you about the spinners. however, i got a deal on a set so i figured, what the hell, why not. It is amazing the attention that you will grab with spinners on the chrysler. i personally liked them alot and so did every one up here in greenville, but after a while i gave them a break. A lot of people want me to put them back on, but the more that i look at it with just the rims, the better it looks. I would spend the money that it would cost for the spinners to upgrade the wheels personally, and if you just have to have a set of spinners for it and if you go with a 22" wheel, then i just happen to have an extra set that has not been used at my house.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you have any pics of them man? because the last set of spinners i had were like the spinner attachment you can virtually put on any wheel, which as a result pertruded outside the rims. if i do choose spinners, i was thinking of something more flush, but the official spinners (spreewell, dub, tis) are around 10K and thats way to much for wheels. but yea i agree with you, the attention you get is ridiculous, plus i just think theyre the coolest things in the world to look at

·
Registered
323 Posts
yeah, mine are the add on's, but with my wheel, they fit flush inside the rim and spin like hell. as far as the "real' spinners, a buddy of mine has a set of davins on his escalade, and dont get me wrong, they are bad as hell and will spin at least 25 minutes, but then again he paid a little over $18,000 for them. if you are looking for a great deal check ebay. the last few times that i have looked, there has been a set of davin streetspin 22" with tires for around $5300. it dont get no cheaper than that. when my car had the spinners on it and i parked beside my buddy, my wheels looked real good beside his, even though his wheels cost $14,000 more than mine. i never did take any pictures of my car with the spinners on, but it doesnt really take that long to put them on, so i might bring them back out for service for a little bit. ill try to post them soon

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
677 Posts
Bolt on spinners on a mismatched wheel are no better than a $50 set of chrome hubcap spinners they sell at pepboys. Save your money. Get the $50 ones and have the same effect. Once pepboys or autozone is selling bad knockoffs of a product, you know that product has reached its popularity climax and is now on its downfall.

An old man once told me if you aren't gonna do something right, don't do it at all.

Just my opinion of course, its your car. Most of us get enough ghetto comments as it is WITHOUT spinners. Have fun ;)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
like i said guys, im still very reluctant about doing this. what do you guys think of those rims on that ebay link? anyone have em?

·
Registered
46 Posts
rogue said:
Bolt on spinners on a mismatched wheel are no better than a $50 set of chrome hubcap spinners they sell at pepboys. Save your money. Get the $50 ones and have the same effect. Once pepboys or autozone is selling bad knockoffs of a product, you know that product has reached its popularity climax and is now on its downfall.
That is so not true.

I have spinners (the adapters) and they fit flush and spin for a long time and they look great (IMO).

·
Registered
677 Posts
Ghetto Prince said:
That is so not true.

I have spinners (the adapters) and they fit flush and spin for a long time and they look great (IMO).
Have you noted that Spinners are not as commonly promoted in major publications like DUB and on MTV Cribs? Reason is, they are played out. Ghetto knockoffs flood the market, and now all those people whom own Sprewells, Davin, and Spinteks no longer want them. Mind you, those wheels were designed to be spinners. Not a simple bolt on kit that looks like its a weapon on a Roman Chariot. A Classy set of spinners cost upward of $5k on up to $20k.

Automotive styling changes over time, always has always will, its much like fashion.

This could very well be a locality issue too. Here in Socal, automotive trends come and go like Fashion does in New York. The only cars I see on spinners these days are on Econobox Imports, early 80s Buick Regals, and the occasional SUV customized in 2000. Spinners were HOT at one time, don't get me wrong. Shaq took his spinners off ages ago on his burgundy Escalade for a reason. Everyone had them.

I frankly don't mind some of the lower cost spinners. Spintek Vegas, Oasis Chris-Style come to mind. But the bolt on's don't cut it for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts