Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if there will be a sport suspension upgrade available for the 300c? would it be thru mopar? or aftermarket? it's an awsome car, just seems a bit on the floaty side.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'd bet it's just a matter of time before there are some aftermarket suspension choices.

Cheers,

Coop

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
StCassel said:
I thought that the sports suspension was standard on the 300C?
The 300C has a "Touring Suspension". A Sport Suspension would be stiffer and lower the car a little, which is sorely needs because there is too much wheel gap!I

·
Registered
182 Posts
E55 KEV said:
The 300C has a "Touring Suspension". A Sport Suspension would be stiffer and lower the car a little, which is sorely needs because there is too much wheel gap!I
I read a review of the 300C, that appearantly the reviewer drives Buicks or Cadillacs. He wrote that he was disappointed in the ride of the 300C. The reviewer said that the ride was too stiff and that every bump in the road was felt. That to drive 100 miles, one would need a kidney belt. After driving the 300C, the reviewer was way off. The 300C that I drove had a suspension like the sports suspension, that my 300M had. It was sharp and responsive, without being harsh. Gave me a good feel for the road. It was definately not "floaty". I did not know that a "touring" suspension was a choice with the 300C. The sports suspension gives the 300C, the feel of a European sports sedan of a higher price point level. Perhaps it was by chance that the car I drove had the sports suspension. There will be no need to get an after market sports suspension. Be sure to order your 300C with the sports suspension, you'll be glad that you did.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
StCassel said:
. There will be no need to get an after market sports suspension. Be sure to order your 300C with the sports suspension, you'll be glad that you did.
Handling can always be improved! The suspension on the 300C is different than the V6 setup. It is considered a Touring suspension and is not optional on 300C. The Mopar Sport Suspension will be standard on the 2006 300 SRT-8 and perhaps (speculation) an option on the 2006 300C Sport. The 300C has a rear sway bar and the V6 models do not.

Chrysler website states this for 300C suspension:

"4-Wheel Independent Touring Suspension"

and this for the V6 cars:

"4-Wheel Independent Ride Suspension"

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
StCassel said:
I read a review of the 300C, that appearantly the reviewer drives Buicks or Cadillacs. He wrote that he was disappointed in the ride of the 300C. The reviewer said that the ride was too stiff and that every bump in the road was felt. That to drive 100 miles, one would need a kidney belt. After driving the 300C, the reviewer was way off. The 300C that I drove had a suspension like the sports suspension, that my 300M had. It was sharp and responsive, without being harsh. Gave me a good feel for the road. It was definately not "floaty". I did not know that a "touring" suspension was a choice with the 300C. The sports suspension gives the 300C, the feel of a European sports sedan of a higher price point level. Perhaps it was by chance that the car I drove had the sports suspension. There will be no need to get an after market sports suspension. Be sure to order your 300C with the sports suspension, you'll be glad that you did.

i guess if that driver is used to the floaty suspensions on buicks and caddys, then he might be right. but if you're used to stiffer, more responsive suspension set ups from say... mercedes or bmw, the 300c seems a bit floaty

·
Registered
7 Posts
How to find my Chryslers suspension type?

Hi, I need to change a few parts in my 2007 chrysler 300C 3.5L petrol (very recently purchased), and need to know whether the car has sports or normal suspension. Anyone has any idea how I can find this? And where I can find cheap parts for it?

thanks,
Riz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts