Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was alerted to a couple of DUB 300's that were parked down on Main St. this morning by "FatChance" here on the forum. On my way to go check them out, I happened upon a set of 6 DUB 300's, one of each available color, minus the Lava Red.

I live on the North end of Huntington Beach where I saw these guys. They were all headed down to the Pier downtown. They pulled out in front of me and proceeded to caravan to the downtown area. Luckily, I had my little Canon Powershot handy and snapped some pics of them as they were cruising along. These are all "drive by" shots, so they may not be the best quality. Also, since I was behind them, they are mostly rear end shots. I did get up along side them and shot a couple of rear facing pics in my side mirror.

Hopefully "FatChance" got some good still pics of the DUBs downtown that he can post. I ended up losing these guys since the last two of them ran a red light right at the pier so they could stay together. I had to wait for the next light a couple minutes later and they were long gone.

My guess is that these DUB's were doing some promo work this weekend since we have the US Open Surf Championships going on. With an estimated couple hundred thousand people at the beach, I wasn't going to go looking for the promo spot these guys were heading to. Hopefully someone else will spot them and get some shots as well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's a few pics of the original DUB's that I was heading downtown to see. Since I was following the other 6 (or stalking as my wife says), I didn't stop to get any other shots of these. FatChance said he has some pics of them that he'll be posting.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
For those of you who missed out. What a sight this was. Here we are day in and day out posting, I'm thinking, wonder what this looks like, imagine, JonW and I saw first hand. This changes evrything for me.
The way these cars were set up, what they had them and to see fisrt hand was perfect.
I know I'm getting old now. Originally I was going to go with 255/30/22 and lower the car one inch. But after seeing the combo on the Magnesium "C" this would leave to much gap between the wheel well and the tire. The Magnesium 300c is sitting on 255/30/22 with a two inch lower(perfect). That's a bit to aggressive for me. Back in the day I would of been all over that look. The Black Crystal is on 265/35/22 with a one inch lower. It's clean but a more conservative look. Considering I'll be driving my "C" everyday probably a better chioce and less headache.
When I was talking to Hermon from DUB the crowd had no clue what they were looking at. Most thought they were looking at concept cars.

·
Registered
29 Posts
JonW,

You don't need to make any apologies for the quality of your photos. Thanks for sharing them! Quite an amazing sight, indeed.

When I've saved up some money, I may get some 20's for my car (don't like 22's... too gaudy and they won't hold up to roads in the Northeast). Those cars are very menacing looking.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pics!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Anyways it's under 300c's with 22" rims. There are some pictures of the trunk with 3 12" wolfers, two giant amps and 3 LCD screens. I know we all agree that the Strut Grill is over priced, but you should see this grill. I hope someone makes one at a resonable price soon.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Great Pics :)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Anybody notice the Virginia tags on the magnesium silver one?
Whatz with that in California.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There were at least 3 of them with VA tags. The number sequence was only a couple digits off as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts