Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a magnesium pearl coat 2005 300C bought new 5/1/04, loaded except for wood trim. It was an early build - joined this forum and had a blast discovering these cars with all the other newbies. We were kings of the road. It now is 4 years later and it has 50K on it. Got the bug and been looking around for something. Test drove a 2007 SRT8 with 12k on it. They were asking $30K. It was fast and handled great. But did not have nav or Uconnect and also had the performance tires (I would want all seasons - been down that road before). Also I had a car once with the low front like that and three times ripped it out when parking. Today tested a Pontiac G8 GT. It looked great and seemed fast (really couldn't tell much a difference than my C to be honest). It was a base model and did not have leather seats and again this one had three season tires. Also the Nav upgrades on these things are not very good. The inside was very comfortable but in general seemed cheap. When I got back in my C I was like "ah home again".

It suddenly occurred to me, its not these other cars are not worthy (cause I know the SRT is), its I just think I found my perfect car with my C. I definitely have the bug but I think it will take a crow bar to get me out of this car. I still enjoy it and treat I like my second child (have one kid). Love the tortoise shell accents, room, power and look. Oh well I know many of you 300, C, and SRTs feel the same. Any one else have the spring bug though?

Bob

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
I feel the same way; since I don't drive my "C" when the roads are snowy or icy and it was an unusually hard winter here, it feels "new" again now that it's getting nice enough to get her out of the garage.

Must be that Magnesium Pearl !:)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Ya I got the bug as well when the new Challenger was announced.

I have my car looking how I like, by buying something else I would have to start over :twak: , don't think so.

cheers

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
The only way to satisfy the bug is to buy another and scratch the itch! Believe me... I know... from experience! Woohoo... I got me two!

·
Registered
408 Posts
On my second 300 now and know exactly how you feel. I would not have traded but this one kept calling to me from the dealers. Don't think I would have bought another car except the new one kept calling to me. Think I am going to bawl like a baby when I trade this in, for anothe 300 of course.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts