Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Many Mercedes models have various size spring pads that can be used to vary the cars height. The size of the pad is indicated by the number of "bumps" on the pad - but only varies by small millimeters. I found a similar spring pad only on the Magnum front suspension this weekend. Oddly, I could not find anything similar visable on the rear.

Here are the spring pads and 'bumps' for W210 E-Class cars:

FRONT SPRING PADS
1 bump 5mm
2 bump 9mm
3 bump 13 mm
4 bump 17 mm
5 bump 21 mm

REAR SPRING PADS
1 bump 5mm
2 bump 9mm
3 bump 13 mm
4 bump 17 mm

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
well, realizing that problems may occur with lowering my C, i still think it rides too high. would like to see it lowered about one inch without high cost and handling problems.

·
Registered
131 Posts
E55 KEV said:
I found a similar spring pad only on the Magnum front suspension this weekend. Oddly, I could not find anything similar visable on the rear.

Having a problem understanding your post completely, what is 'VISABLE'???

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just in case .... :rolleyes:

Swap the a for an i.

vis·i·ble Audio pronunciation of "visible" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (vz-bl)
adj.

1. Possible to see; perceptible to the eye: a visible object.
1. Obvious to the eye: a visible change of expression.
2. Being often in the public view; conspicuous.
3. Manifest; apparent: no visible solution to the problem.
4. On hand; available: a visible supply.
5. Constructed or designed to keep important parts in easily accessible view: a visible file.
6. Represented visually, as by symbols.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Eibach and H&R springs call the spring pads "rubber shims". This is their statement concerning actual drop using their springs listed on Tirerack.com:

"Mercedes-Benz cars ride height may vary due to vehicle options and Mercedes Benz factory ride adjustment shims. This original MB part is a rubber shim perch, which is located on the top of the spring. These shims vary in thickness from 8 TO 23mm."

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[email protected], can you do a parts lookup to see if the rubber shim aka spring pad comes in various sizes like the bumps would indicate? Also see if you can find anything similar on the rear?. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts