Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Chrysler 300 which has developed a very loud and annoying squeak/rattle on the passenger side area of the dash/pillar.

The noise is noticeable when going over bumps, however, once on the freeway at speeds above 60 mph the sound is pretty consistent. The sound definitely gets louder and more persistent as speeds increase. It seems like I should remove the A Pillar trim to expose what may be the cause, however, with the side curtain airbags I am worried about doing this.

Has anyone diagnosed a noise from this area of the vehicle or removed the A Pillar / front dash trim and can provide any help with working around the air bag?

Any insight or help is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,413 Posts
I have a damn rattle from the passenger side of the dash which can be eliminated with a thumb on the SRS symbol. If something behind the A pillar trim is causing yuour rattle, I can attest to the fact that it's easy to pull that off. Just start by pulling off the door molding next to it, and you can work it off with your fingers. (I had to do that to replace my dash speakers.) There is nothing in there that will explode on you, unless a LOT of changes occurred since 2012. There is one connection (forget what it's for) that can be removed to take it off completely.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts