Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

This is my first thread. I have read a lot of the forums and love this site!!!

I went to several dealerships in my area Alberta (Canada), and there is some confusion between the dealerships as to what colors are available. The first dealership I went to said that there were (3) Colors for the 300C SRT-8, Black Crystal, Silver, and a Pearl White. The saleseman showed me the actual SRT-8 brochure with the 3 color choices. I wanted brochure but he said it was the only one they had.

The next dealership I went to the salesman told me that there was just Silver and Black. Has anyone heard of the Pearl White?

I am wanting an SRT-8 sooooo bad like everyone else, but the wife says gotta wait a year. This will kill me, but I can wait.

If anyone is iterested in the Canadian pricing breakdown it is as follows.

Equipment Description MSRP
LXCX48 Chrysler $49,995
21X Custom Preferred Package 21X $0
ESF 6.1L SRT Hemi $0
DGJ 5-Speed Auto W5a580 Trans. $0
PXR Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat $0
APA Monotone Paint $0
*DZ Leather Trim Seats w/Preferred Suede $0
-D1 DK Slate Gray/LT Graystone $0
RC7 7 Boston Acoustic Speakers with Sub $150.00
AY2 SRT Option Group II $3190.00
AY1 SRT Option Group I $405.00
GWA Power Sunroof $1050.00
TTX P245/45ZR20 P255/45ZR20 Perf Tires $0
YGA Without Billable Fuel $0
4CP Federal A/C Excise Tax $100.00
Destination $1200.00

Total Price In Canadian Funds $56,090+7% GST
$60,016.30

Estimate in US Currency $40,000

I am not sure how it works with the (GGT) Gas Guzzler Tax, but the Billable Fuel above YGA may be extra, I am not sure how this works for Canadian Auto's.

Does anyone have information about the difference between Option I, and II?
I heard somehwere that it was an upgrade for the speaker package, if anyone has info I would really appreciate it...

The Dealer will be receiving their First SRT-8 in 3 weeks it is a loaded Pearl Black, whether this is true or not I do not know, but I will keep everyone posted. I don't always trust what the dealers have to say.

Thanks,

2Tic
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Interesting. The way I understand it is for the 2005s there were (were because the orders are now closed from what I can tell, and they are taking orders for the 06) two colors: Brilliant Black and bright silver metallic. Rumor has it, there will be a third color available, but on this board everyone was talking about a different silver...your the first I have seen to mention white. I am picturing white and it seems sweet!

As far as options 1 and 2, the brochure I have says option 1 includes air bags supplemental side impact, and front and rear side curtain bags, and air filterig system. Option 2 includes 6 disc cd player, DVD based GPS Nav system, and uconnect hands free communication system, and sirrius satellite radio.

According to my build order (I did not choose...this was all "allocated") my car has 7 Boston Acoustic spkrs w/subwoofer, but it is listed seperate from the options 1 and 2, which my car also has. Kind of confusing...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
That sounds about right in line as my order except My speakers are Kicker with subwoofer. Is your car a 05 or 06? Mine is an 06. Wanted the darker silver color but the 1800# sent me an e-mail and said no changes were going to be allowed. I also heard they were going to offer a back seat DVD player so the kids won't notice how fast were going. Not to hip to the color white myself might work with white rims.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
those changes line up excact with what I have seen posted for several days now...dvd player and kicker.

Mine is an 05 and although I was torn, I went with the black. supposed to be shipped on 3/18....yipee cayoooooo!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
529 Posts
2tic said:
Hello everyone,

This is my first thread. I have read a lot of the forums and love this site!!!

I went to several dealerships in my area Alberta (Canada), and there is some confusion between the dealerships as to what colors are available. The first dealership I went to said that there were (3) Colors for the 300C SRT-8, Black Crystal, Silver, and a Pearl White. The saleseman showed me the actual SRT-8 brochure with the 3 color choices. I wanted brochure but he said it was the only one they had.

The next dealership I went to the salesman told me that there was just Silver and Black. Has anyone heard of the Pearl White?

I am wanting an SRT-8 sooooo bad like everyone else, but the wife says gotta wait a year. This will kill me, but I can wait.

If anyone is iterested in the Canadian pricing breakdown it is as follows.

Equipment Description MSRP
LXCX48 Chrysler $49,995
21X Custom Preferred Package 21X $0
ESF 6.1L SRT Hemi $0
DGJ 5-Speed Auto W5a580 Trans. $0
PXR Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat $0
APA Monotone Paint $0
*DZ Leather Trim Seats w/Preferred Suede $0
-D1 DK Slate Gray/LT Graystone $0
RC7 7 Boston Acoustic Speakers with Sub $150.00
AY2 SRT Option Group II $3190.00
AY1 SRT Option Group I $405.00
GWA Power Sunroof $1050.00
TTX P245/45ZR20 P255/45ZR20 Perf Tires $0
YGA Without Billable Fuel $0
4CP Federal A/C Excise Tax $100.00
Destination $1200.00

Total Price In Canadian Funds $56,090+7% GST
$60,016.30

Estimate in US Currency $40,000

I am not sure how it works with the (GGT) Gas Guzzler Tax, but the Billable Fuel above YGA may be extra, I am not sure how this works for Canadian Auto's.

Does anyone have information about the difference between Option I, and II?
I heard somehwere that it was an upgrade for the speaker package, if anyone has info I would really appreciate it...

The Dealer will be receiving their First SRT-8 in 3 weeks it is a loaded Pearl Black, whether this is true or not I do not know, but I will keep everyone posted. I don't always trust what the dealers have to say.

Thanks,

2Tic
If you are in Calgary, go to Eastside Dodge Chrysler they have all sorts of brochures on the SRT8. There are 3 colours on this car, black and 2 shades of silver. I don't know what they call the new silver. There is no gas guzzler tax in Canada or do I say Alberta, you get a full tank of gas with any new car bought at a dealership.
I did not know the price of this car when I went to my dealer last week but I guess I was not wrong when I said 60K. That is sure a lot of money in Canada, I'm glad I got my C when I did as it cost me just over 41K with most option, except Nav. Hope this helps!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Does anybody know if they give you a vin and a von and take your depoist and give you a D status can they give your car to someone else if that person is willing to pay more for it. I got mine for $47,000 out the door and I sure would hate it if they gave it away to someone else. I always thought that a deal was a deal but this car sure has me wondering. There did not seem to be near this much hype when I bought my last car, 1996 Impala SS (still have it).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
528 Posts
American Muscle

amant said:
There did not seem to be near this much hype when I bought my last car, 1996 Impala SS (still have it).
Yeah, but now you look like a genius - great car.
Way to go doubling up on the great American cars. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
750 Posts
Additional SRT8 colour

Additional available colour on 2006 SRT8s is called Silver Steel Build sheet code is (PA4) - apparently a dark metallic silver

Cool Vanilla -nearest colour to pearl white - was never an option for the SRT8

Zilla
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Does anybody know if you can change your color once the order is in D status? If this Silver Steel PA4 is a darker color then the silver then it sounds like the color I was really wanting. The salesman that I ordered the car from does not seem to know anything about the additional color. I'm going to call him today and give him the the name and code number and see if he can find it. Thanks goddardzilla for the paint name and code #.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
You Can Change It In D Status If Your Dealer Has Good Contacts.. I Know I Have Before.. Once It Hits D1 You Can't.

2005 Srt8 The Only Colors That Were Available For Us Was Black And Silver.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
If you have to wait a year... order it now :)
Just tell the wife it "came in early" when you drive it home in August.
RT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
amant said:
Does anybody know if they give you a vin and a von and take your depoist and give you a D status can they give your car to someone else if that person is willing to pay more for it. I got mine for $47,000 out the door and I sure would hate it if they gave it away to someone else. I always thought that a deal was a deal but this car sure has me wondering. There did not seem to be near this much hype when I bought my last car, 1996 Impala SS (still have it).
Amant, I am in the same boat you are. Please let me know what your dealer says. RT4, what do you know about any 3rd color choice for 06's. As far as the color, I would be a little scared going with the silver steel if I don't know what it looks like? Is it as dark as the Mineral Grey on the Magnum????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmmm...That's not a bad idea, except I already told her that the next shipment would be in 8-12 weeks. Guess I should have kept it quiet, but she does the budgeting, and says this will be our reward next spring when all our debt (excluding house) is paid. I won't push my luck as she thinks as high of the car as I do :)

I just wish I knew what changes if any the 06 Models will have...I have heard about the rear DVD Entertainment unit, but maybe no change is good too.

2Tic
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
750 Posts
3rd colour PA4

Came from arifleet

Always a "fluid" site as far as information is concerned, due to fluid nature does not always represent the final outcome, but often an early indication of what's going to happen

Before I posted they had the PA4 and
and LXCX48 (Chrysler SRT8)under the same bullet.

The linkage to the LXCX48 is now removed,though the PA4 is still there, could be interpreted as for 300/300c or all including SRT8 or just SRT8

see

http://www.arifleet.com/production.html

If I get a second source confirmation on PA4 and 300c SRT8 I will post.

A dark metallic silver would really suit the SRT8 - understated and serious. ;)

Zilla
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
First time here, got my self 05 SRT-8 got the VIN & VON and the status is D1. in black my question is is the grill painted the body color?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
XCITSNU THANKS FOR THE REPLY DO U KNOW IF I COULD GET THE KICKER SOUND SYSTEM? FOR THE 05 HERE IN cANADA I READ THAT WE ARE ONLY GETTING 17 SRT-8.
DID U HAVE TO PAY THE GG TAX?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
XCITsNU said:
No GG. It may be different in Canada, but the Kicker upgrade is for 06' models from what I have read here on the site.
Correct, Kicker is only for the '06, as it is an option for the '06's.

XCITsNU, I am in the '05, '06 boat you are in, and as I think about it I am happy to be getting an '06. Unless you plan on keeping the car in a bubble, it doesn't matter what year. This will be a daily driver, so it makes even less of a difference. Let me know when your car goes D1. Good Luck.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top