Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We now have in stock the rear decklid spoilers for the SRT-8. Currently we only have the standard unpainted spoilers. We will be getting silver and black painted spoilers soon. Any other color will not be offered unless they offer that color in an SRT-8. And usually painted parts are only available for a limited time and then they supercede to an unpainted version. So chances are that painted spoilers will be only available in limited supplies. I would suspect that most body shops would paint this for you for less than one hundred dollars. It is already prepped and primed so if you feel comfortable with your ability, order a couple cans of paint and a couple can of clear and do it yourself. This unit does not come with mounting instructions or mounting hardware. It has 4 holes in the bottom of it for mounting using screws. You would need to make a mounting template and drill 4 holes in your decklid to mount it this way. You could also mount it using a 3m double-sided tape and skip the drilling. This lip spoiler is much smaller than the other lip spoilers out there for a more subtle look. It also attaches to the rear of the deck lid and not the top like others do. The pictures attached are of the unpainted spoiler mounted to a black 300C using double-sided tape. As of 3-22-05, we are the only dealer in the nation that has these in stock. Supplies are very limited and when they are gone, they will go on backorder. The backorder could last a couple weeks but then again it could last a couple months.

ORDER HERE

Attachments

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Question ???

Even though I am not buying this spoiler,I was curious
as to why it cost so much? As stated this is an unpainted,
no mounting hardware,nor instructions.
$350.00 (ON SALE) is a lot of money for such a small piece .
I only paid $200 for mine,and it came painted to match

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I am not dissing you or your dealership, but come on Chrysler!! $480 for a thin spoiler with no directions and no hardware???

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You guys have this all wrong. This item is not being sold as an add-on type accessory. That is why the price is high and it does not come with instructions. These are meant to be sold to body shops and dealers where the customer doesn't even know the price. Everyone kept asking about this so I made it available. I have no control over the MSRP pricing. Again, if you want to play you have to pay. If everyone is patient, this spoiler will probably be available as a Mopar Accessory. But no one is patient these days. Yours may have come painted but it is not an "SRT-8" spoiler. There is something to be said for having this spoiler over the others. Not sure what that is but they are selling like hot cakes. To each their own I guess. We are just trying to make everyone happy.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
wyckoffchryslerparts.com said:
You guys have this all wrong. This item is not being sold as an add-on type accessory. That is why the price is high and it does not come with instructions. These are meant to be sold to body shops and dealers where the customer doesn't even know the price. Everyone kept asking about this so I made it available. I have no control over the MSRP pricing. Again, if you want to play you have to pay. If everyone is patient, this spoiler will probably be available as a Mopar Accessory. But no one is patient these days. Yours may have come painted but it is not an "SRT-8" spoiler. There is something to be said for having this spoiler over the others. Not sure what that is but they are selling like hot cakes. To each their own I guess. We are just trying to make everyone happy.
No, no...don't get me wrong, I know YOU have nothing to do with this and are discounting what you can (which is appreciated)...it's just that the MSRP is plain NUTS!

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
jjs said:
No, no...don't get me wrong, I know YOU have nothing to do with this and are discounting what you can (which is appreciated)...it's just that the MSRP is plain NUTS!
Just typical of the entire automotive industry. These parts are sold for collision repair purposes - 99% of the time. Some of the priciest are Cadillac - or any luxury marque.

Today, part sales and autobody repairs are the keystone to dealership profits. New car sales often end up as a net loss on the books.

Dealership bankruptcy and failures are common today. Without a steady stream of parts sales, most couldn't survive.

I love the SRT-8 spoiler.

Prediction: Some smart company will make an aftermarket version (painted) for under $250.00

·
Registered
562 Posts
Do you have a ETA for the painted spoilers? If not are is the unpainted spoiler ready to be shipped? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
300Con23s said:
Do you have a ETA for the painted spoilers? If not are is the unpainted spoiler ready to be shipped? Thanks.
Yes, the unpainted ones are ready to ship, as mine is being shipped to me as we speak. Fortunately, 'Wyckoff Chrysler' (one of our sponsors) still has these in stock (while the supply lasts), as my Chrysler dealer was unable to locate one of these for me. My dealer did have a different Mopar style spoiler available for the '300 series' at almost the same price, but it didn't even come close in appearance to the actual 'SRT-8' spoiler. Upon receipt, I'll be taking it my body/paint shop to have them 'paint to match' and then install it onto my car's rear deck lid. :cool:

·
Registered
562 Posts
DJ, post some pictures once you install it!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
okay, i did it

I finally broke down and ordered one. I'll definately post pics and update you all on the install process.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
300Con23s said:
DJ, post some pictures once you install it!!
I certainly will. I'll be taking it over to my body/paint shop this morning who will be painting it and installing it onto my car. Once I get my car back, I'll take some updated photos. ;)

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We have 3 of the unpainted ones left. They are the last 3 in the whole world. Once they are gone, there will be no more available. Black and silver will be the only thing available. Of course you can paint over these but there is more work involved.

ORDER HERE

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
wyckoffchryslerparts.com said:
We have 3 of the unpainted ones left. They are the last 3 in the whole world. Once they are gone, there will be no more available. Black and silver will be the only thing available. Of course you can paint over these but there is more work involved.

ORDER HERE

Jeff,

My dealer should be calling you shortly to order one of these for one of their STR-8's (which came with a damaged spoiler). They even called me at home for the part number, because they said that DCX couldn't even find it nor locate one for them...I gave them your phone number. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts