Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone dynoed their SRT-8? As we all know, Chrysler and other manufacturers frequently underrate the engine HP for a myriad of reasons. Insurance rates and liability issues come to mind. The book HP rating on the 6.1 is 425 HP, but a local one was dyboed out of the box at 452 HP. When I mentioned this to highly-placed executive in Chrysler, he found that rating odd, as in low, as it should have been in the range of 468 HP. That'll be right next door to the new STS-V at 469 HP.

Numbers please.

Dante!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
165 Posts
Dante said:
Has anyone dynoed their SRT-8? As we all know, Chrysler and other manufacturers frequently underrate the engine HP for a myriad of reasons. Insurance rates and liability issues come to mind. The book HP rating on the 6.1 is 425 HP, but a local one was dyboed out of the box at 452 HP. When I mentioned this to highly-placed executive in Chrysler, he found that rating odd, as in low, as it should have been in the range of 468 HP. That'll be right next door to the new STS-V at 469 HP.

Numbers please.

Dante!
DYNOED AT 452????? you mean 352 RWHP on 6.1's has been in the 360-370 rwhp range?

YOu have some wrong information.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Bone stock I made:
367 rw hp
373 rw tq

adding a cold air kit and modified factory exhaust I got:
390 rw hp
390 rw tq

hoping to go past 400 rw hp in the next few weeks. is this a great motor or what?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
435 Posts
1st Magnum SRT8 said:
Bone stock I made:
367 rw hp
373 rw tq

adding a cold air kit and modified factory exhaust I got:
390 rw hp
390 rw tq

hoping to go past 400 rw hp in the next few weeks. is this a great motor or what?
Wow an additional 23hp from a CAI and home made exhaust mod. Not bad. i didn't think the CAI did much on the SRT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
300CUL8R said:
Wow an additional 23hp from a CAI and home made exhaust mod. Not bad. i didn't think the CAI did much on the SRT.
we went from 367 rw hp to 373 rw hp with the cold air kit. i watched the before and after right there on the dyno while they swapped them out. i think the better breathing air intake will become more important once my motor is breathing better with the heads/cam upgrade.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top