Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We are doing a "Group Buy" on the NEW Global Composite SRT-8 Factory Style Rear Spoiler. We need 10 confirmed buyers to get it done. The price will be $199.95 + shipping and will take 7-10 days for us to ship once the deal is done. Here is what you do and please follow these instructions to get involved.

Place your order through our web-site
During the checkout process there is a section where you can put in a coupon code, enter the coupon code groupspoiler.
This will deduct $50.00 off the price.

This offer expires on Sunday 5-15-2005.

The order will be placed on Monday 5-16-2005

·
Registered
252 Posts
how is that spoiler fastened to the car. is it just 3m tape to hold it on or is there some kinda of drilling involved. any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
538 Posts
So lemme get this straight.

This isn't the "actual" SRT8 OEM spoiler , but rather a third-party version of the spoiler. Correct?

Don't they sell the OEM version of this spoiler as well?

I just want to be clear on this.

JFF:D

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
JustForFun said:
So lemme get this straight.

This isn't the "actual" SRT8 OEM spoiler , but rather a third-party version of the spoiler. Correct?

Don't they sell the OEM version of this spoiler as well?

I just want to be clear on this.

the OEM spoiler, like all factory body parts, is mega dollars ($400.00), and comes unpainted. This is a high quality copy of the SRT-8 design, painted to match DCX body colour - and it is half the price.

It also is functional. Creates up to 35% more downforce at speed.

·
Registered
538 Posts
NR,

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not "dissing" the cheaper spoiler. I just want people to be understand what they are ordering is all.

It's all good.:)

And that "35% downforce" stat. Where you getting that? I know that it has been stated that the OEM version gives you this. But can you be sure that "this" version has been tested and gives the same downforce results? Or are you assuming it does, because it looks similar?

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
JustForFun said:
NR,

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not "dissing" the cheaper spoiler. I just want people to be understand what they are ordering is all.

It's all good.:)

And that "35% downforce" stat. Where you getting that? I know that it has been stated that the OEM version gives you this. But can you be sure that "this" version has been tested and gives the same downforce results? Or are you assuming it does, because it looks similar?

Good point re: the aftermarket spoiler. BTW, there are at least 5 or 6 different AM spoilers out there. The SRT-8 style is the best, IMO.

Just my assumption on the downforce, as it is a direct copy and positioned on the car in the same way. The downforce figures come from SRT-8 info. Should produce the same result.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Spoiler... What will wife say

All,

I think I will also purchase this item... Wife is going to kill me... so much money!!!

Better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

She still still does not know about the Ultimate Pedals... supposed to arrive on Thursday

Early Father's Day present!!!

Jon300C

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
SRT8 Style Spoiler Group Buy

Any more forum members ordered yet?

Please post if you have. We need 10 to get this great price. $199.00 prepainted v.s. DCX OEM @ $400.00 unpainted.

If you click on the link, you will go directly to the product at Wyckoff.

enter the coupon code groupspoiler.

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
How many do you have so far NR?
I'll try "you-know-who" once more, then I'll give up and I will definitely be in...

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
lexball50 said:
Hey, what the hell is downforce and does it make your car faster.
It's kinda like the 3M tape... makes ya stick better :D

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
lexball50 said:
Hey, what the hell is downforce and does it make your car faster.
Good question Lexball. As your car moves faster through the air, the shape of the car tends to act like an airplane wing and create lift (upforce). This makes your car "lighter" . This is not good, as the tires lose grip on the road surface. This can lead to loss of full steering, braking, and cornering ability.

A rear spoiler, properly designed and postioned on the car, "spoils" the air flow, reducing the lift, and actually generating some downforce without creating too much drag.

Does it make your car go faster? No, it doesn't. The potential top speed on the 300C is about 155 mph. If you were able to turn off the electronic speed limiter and drive the 300C all the way up to that speed, you would find the car unstable and very "scary" to drive. Add the spoiler, and the car stays planted on the ground. I find the 300C gets light at speeds over 90 mph.

The spoiler may also have the added advantage of keeping the vertical trunk section cleaner. I'm not certain about that, but on my C without a spoiler, it gets real dirty there. Also the spoiler makes a great grab handle for closing the trunk. Makes you kind of wonder how you ever got along without one! :D

Orders, please.

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
hehe, like I said... :p only waaaay more detailed, thanks NR.
Sorry lex, I didn't mean to make light... it was a really good question!

Actually, hubbeee would say it's called a spoiler cuz it's yet another item on my "I want one" list :rolleyes:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Linda, let me know what you hear...you and I were the last 2 on the list me thinks...

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You are not in until you have placed your order through our site or called me to order one. I have one person from this forum so far. I have a few others from elsewhere so we are almost there.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.