Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the 300C SRT8 available in Canada?
There built here but can you buy them here?
Thanks, Tom. :confused:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
You can place an order there, but I expect that you won't get the car until mid summer to fall. I read here that there were only going to be less than 20 allocated to Canada until they started building the 06's in early summer.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
XCITsNU said:
You can place an order there, but I expect that you won't get the car until mid summer to fall. I read here that there were only going to be less than 20 allocated to Canada until they started building the 06's in early summer.
Actually, some will be delivered before the end of this month. The less than 20 is an incorrect number. It will be closer to 1200.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
2005 300C SRT8 Totals

Northern Rider said:
Actually, some will be delivered before the end of this month. The less than 20 is an incorrect number. It will be closer to 1200.
Hi Northern Rider:

I am starting to think some members are misunderstanding the numbers that are for Canada and the overall production numbers for the 2005 model year. Firstly, you probably are correct in your statement that 1200 SRT8's will stay in Canada, but these will be 2006's. I can't comment on your totals for 2006 because I'm only interested in 2005, BUT:

I was referring to the 2005 Model Year NOT the 2006 Model Year totals.

It would be impossible to have that many 2005's built by the 3rd week of this month, especially in view of the fact they didn't even start building them till mid Feb. They're only putting out 5 a day on the days they do build them, maybe a few more lately though.

The TOTAL 2005 Production Numbers are 224 with only 17 staying in Canada.

Production for 2006 model begins 29 March.

This is why so many members here are not getting 05's, even though they may have ordered in mid Jan. They will be getting 2006's.

Sorry if I was misunderstood. I didn't want to have people thinking I was trying to midlead anyone.

Rambit

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Rambit said:
Hi Northern Rider:

I am starting to think some members are misunderstanding the numbers that are for Canada and the overall production numbers for the 2005 model year. Firstly, you probably are correct in your statement that 1200 SRT8's will stay in Canada, but these will be 2006's. I can't comment on your totals for 2006 because I'm only interested in 2005, BUT:

I was referring to the 2005 Model Year NOT the 2006 Model Year totals.

It would be impossible to have that many 2005's built by the 3rd week of this month, especially in view of the fact they didn't even start building them till mid Feb. They're only putting out 5 a day on the days they do build them, maybe a few more lately though.

The TOTAL 2005 Production Numbers are 224 with only 17 staying in Canada.

Production for 2006 model begins 29 March.

This is why so many members here are not getting 05's, even though they may have ordered in mid Jan. They will be getting 2006's.

Sorry if I was misunderstood. I didn't want to have people thinking I was trying to midlead anyone.

Rambit
Hi Rambit. Thanks for clearing that up. the '05 - 06 thing is confusing. You are saying that they will build some 05's then switch to 06 before the end of the month. I have 2 black SRT's in the system with VIN #s.

I haven't a clue which year they will be - I just know they will be arriving soon.

Does it matter what year they are?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Northern Rider said:
Hi Rambit. Thanks for clearing that up. the '05 - 06 thing is confusing. You are saying that they will build some 05's then switch to 06 before the end of the month. I have 2 black SRT's in the system with VIN #s.

I haven't a clue which year they will be - I just know they will be arriving soon.

Depends on your point of view. As a collector, an 05 is much more preferble. As a daily driver with the goal to sell in a few years, an 06 might be better as the resale buyer would pay more for an 06 than an 05.

I am thrilled that my 05 has been built and will be delivered in the next couple of days

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Northern Rider said:

Well it only matters if you care which year you're getting. I'm looking at a long term investment here. The low number will be of some historical value down the road long term I'm sure. This has proven true in many other cases. Take the 55 TBird that sold for $4.1 million a while back. Granted it is 50 years old now and it must have been in concours condition with very low milage. It was the first year production model that stirred a lot of interest and although I don't have build numbers, I would bet it was low as well.

The first 05 rolled off the line 17 Feb along with an 06 Charger. They both went to Daytona a week before the race. They both had VIN's that were published on the Bramptom forum and were probably sold. All the pilots and test models that were built, including those seen in the various auto shows DO NOT have VIN's. They are destined to be destroyed and will end up on the scrap heap. Some people have tried to buy them but that's not allowed.

I don't have the exact date that Brampton will stop the 05's, but I know 06 production starts 29 March. I don't know if there are any differences between the two for sure, but I've heard a 3rd colour will be available along with a rear DVD system that is currently on restriction till sometime either late spring/early summer. There may be some other minor changes as well, but I don't know.

You can easily determine which year you are getting by looking at the 8th digit from the right. If it's a 5 then you would be getting an 05. If it's a 6, then it would be an 06 model. For example, my VIN is 5H687795. That means it's an 05. If the 5 were a 6, it would be an 06 model. You should check with your dealer because I've heard some people have been reassigned new VIN's that changed their orders to an 06. Just for fun you can go to CarFax and enter your VIN. It won't tell you much other than the year, engine size etc., because there's no records for the car yet or you can do a search for VIN Decoders and see what comes up.

Rambit :)

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Ok. If you are buying to collect and store, then the very low numbers of '05's may have significance way down the road. I see your point.

On the other hand, if you daily drive, then sell after two to four years, the 06 should show better resale value, all things being equal.

Thanks for the info, Rambit.

Are there any changes in the car as they switch from 05 to 06, that anyone knows about?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
The only changes I see for '06 would be the Kicker Stereo Option which should be better as well as the Tire pressure Monitoring sytem that should be on all 2006 300c's and SRT 8's per the 2006 Spec sheet. Maybe someone on the Forum can ask Brampton about the Tire Press. Monitring system dfor the SRT 8.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts