Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My shop was a little slow this week so I had my guys make some brass keychains to see how they would take. Keep in mind this is NOT mass produced offshore JUNK. These are custom machined using a wire edm . They take very long to make so I am considering marketing these in various metals.

Right now though I have the brass ones only . PM me for a price as I will be selling only 12 . After that I will see if feasible to make more..

Walter
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Size

A few of you asked me approx dimensions for the keychain,

It is 1/2" - 5/8" x 2" x 3/32" thick.
So far have sold 5 , 7 left ..

Walter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
haas said:
Right now though I have the brass ones only . PM me for a price as I will be selling only 12 . After that I will see if feasible to make more..

Walter

WHOA- very cool, I am in if you use some type of steel, I dont like brass...
Thanks, very nice and creative.. could you make one for the Viper?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ken Lally said:
WHOA- very cool, I am in if you use some type of steel, I dont like brass...
Thanks, very nice and creative.. could you make one for the Viper?

I am making some out of titanium and inconel, they are alot stronger , but alot more $$. If You want I can make them out of solid silver.
I can make any thing as long as its metal and I don't break any licensing or trademark rules.

Walter
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
69 Posts
Can you put a bottle opener on the end?

haas said:
I am making some out of titanium and inconel, they are alot stronger , but alot more $$. If You want I can make them out of solid silver.
I can make any thing as long as its metal and I don't break any licensing or trademark rules.

Walter
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,300 Posts
Will you see them in the east?
I may want one for my beast.....

Can you put it in a box?
Will it work on all my locks?

I think I'd like one built from tin......
Give me pricing, I may be in!

:biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There is no natural metal that is black and strong enough. Alum can be anodized , but it feels cheap .
Am working on another nice SRT based item that I think all you diehards will appreciate..

Thanks, and I will await your feedback from those of you who have purchased one before I proceed..

Walter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
JMatt said:
Will you see them in the east?
I may want one for my beast.....

Can you put it in a box?
Will it work on all my locks?

I think I'd like one built from tin......
Give me pricing, I may be in!

:biggrin:
biggrin,


Just bought one for my beast.
Don't live in the East.

Don't count on a box,
Won't fit any of your locks.

If you really want tin.
You can't afford to get it.


KK
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
I like the design, just not a brass fan, not sure if I'd want one out of titanium, I imagine a piece of that for a keychain would be quite a few $$$. SOmething with either a black finish, or that could be polished would be nice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Inconel

How about a high quality of stainless ( inconel ) . That stuff goes between $25 to 100 a pound. I have several offcuts left over from a job we did. It is actually off of the harrier jet, It is going to have to be a little smaller , but it is very unique.

Walter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
haas said:
How about a high quality of stainless ( inconel ) . That stuff goes between $25 to 100 a pound. I have several offcuts left over from a job we did. It is actually off of the harrier jet, It is going to have to be a little smaller , but it is very unique.

Walter
That would be pretty slick, I've seen inconel before, it had a brushed look. If the stainles has a finish to it, that would be nice too. EIther way on that would look good IMO.

I'm embarrased to say, I'm still using the little plastic dealer thing for a keychain. Haven't seen one I really like, so haven't bothered to get one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
haas said:
How about a high quality of stainless ( inconel ) . That stuff goes between $25 to 100 a pound. I have several offcuts left over from a job we did. It is actually off of the harrier jet, It is going to have to be a little smaller , but it is very unique.

Walter

Walter - I am in for stainless or silver... let me know the costs. And same for "VIPER". I love one-off creative stuff like this...
my email is [email protected]

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Titanium coating is good too, you can also black oxide steel ones.
They weigh about 1-2 onces, They measure 2" long x 1/2" tall and 3/32 " thick.
I have 2 left now.

Walter
 
1 - 20 of 140 Posts
Top