Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the RAM and I bought my Uncle the SRT-8M. At first all I had was a magnaflow exhaust on my truck. He ate my ass, usually able to put a full car length on me. After having some RWDyno stuff done, my truck had a horrible air/fuel mixture from the factory, robbing me of about 20hp at the rear wheels. I put bellanger headers, high flow cats and a new DC performance computer. Now, I can put a 1/2 truck to 1 truck length on him from 0-85 and from 75-120. I will be doing another dyno test next week with the new numbers.

He has nothing done to his magnum. I'll be making some orders here soon to beef his car up. To me, the SRT-8's are the ultimate sleeper as a lot of people have no clue what they are. People know the SRT-10 as the viper truck, not the srt-10.

Both are incredible vehicles. I'm throwing a paxton on my truck, as I know they'll be making quite a bit for this SRT-8 in the future and I want to stay ahead of the game.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Track times woudl concur that the SRT8 should have hte advantage stock. The A/F onthe SRT10 was 11.2-10.9 @ 4500-5000 & 10.6-10.4 @ 5500 rpm on a few of our test trucks ..WAY too rich.

Supercharger shoudl make that thing fun ... I still have a problem with the shifter ... feels like i gonna punch the dash doing a WOT 2-3 upshift lol. It has to be a 8-10" throw.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the QC auto. I'm to lazy to shift :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well,I just sold my 04 RC SRT-10 with a Borla catback, Gibson ceramic headers, and [email protected] CAI on 8-15-05. I purchased a 06 black Magnum SRT-8 on the same date. After abuout 100 questions from my friend on "which is faster" I can say that IMHO the Magnum SRT-8 will pull the SRT-10 from the dig on. At NO point will the SRT be able to catch and pass the SRT-8. A modded SRT-10 is a whole other can of worms. Well than if you want to go mod for mod against each other I think the result will be the same. I have a few friends with slighly modded SRT's . Let the runs begin!!!!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The RC, if driven well, are quite bit quicker than the QC auto. They have over 2k more RPM's to play with and run around 700-800lbs lights. Traditionally a 100lbs=.10 of a second in the 1/4 mile. I think the main reason we see bad times out of the RC 6 speeds is due to the lack of driver experience.

In my experience, to have an QC auto run even with a SRT-8M, you'd need the DC performance computer and a magnaflow exhaust. That should make it a drivers race at that point. I can't speak on behalf of the RC guys.

Either way, they are all excellent vehicles.

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
1fast400 said:
Either way, they are all excellent vehicles.
I agree, that is why I will own both soon. :biggrin: Now if I can only swing a third member of the SRT clan-mmmm yummy SRT vehicles- perhaps a charger. :wink1:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts