Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there Fellas,

I am loving my new '06 SRT-8. I find that it runs a little hotter than I'd like, or am used to at least. I live in Toronto, so warm weather at this time of year has not been a factor lol. It typically runs between 225 F and 240F. Does that sound hot, or normal compared to other 300C or SRT-8 owners? Does this change after the break-in period? I imagine it might run a lot hotter in the summer.

Thanks.

Dunk

·
Registered
122 Posts
warm

srt8dunk said:
Hi there Fellas,

I am loving my new '06 SRT-8. I find that it runs a little hotter than I'd like, or am used to at least. I live in Toronto, so warm weather at this time of year has not been a factor lol. It typically runs between 225 F and 240F. Does that sound hot, or normal compared to other 300C or SRT-8 owners? Does this change after the break-in period? I imagine it might run a lot hotter in the summer.

Thanks.

Dunk
I have a black 300C with the standard 5.7 hemi engine, it runs much hotter than i thought it would, normal for mine is about 220 degrees in the summer time, i ran it hard once and it went to 228. Seems the hemi is designed to run a bit warmer than most cars. 300 is considered hot on the hemi.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I can't stand it running that hot and it is the main reason I have a 190 deg tstat and the GSM Fan Mod. (Napa 381-190). Driving down the road I'm running a cool 188 deg.

·
Registered
39 Posts
srt8dunk said:
Hi there Fellas,

Thanks.

Dunk
You might be reading the Oil Temp readout.
On the normal settings it's the oil temp that is on the "center digital readout"
To see your water temp - Hold down the 2 "inside buttons" on the steering column for approx 5 seconds. You'll see a new set of digital readouts and then scroll thru till you get the one thats listing
"RPM's, Water temp, etc..."

Hope this helps - BTW - I find normal water temps on these SRT-8's to be about 204-208 degrees

Quiksilver

·
Registered
41 Posts
QuikSilver said:
You might be reading the Oil Temp readout.
On the normal settings it's the oil temp that is on the "center digital readout"
To see your water temp - Hold down the 2 "inside buttons" on the steering column for approx 5 seconds. You'll see a new set of digital readouts and then scroll thru till you get the one thats listing
"RPM's, Water temp, etc..."

Hope this helps - BTW - I find normal water temps on these SRT-8's to be about 204-208 degrees

Quiksilver
wow i have heard about this but have yet to try it. why is this not in the manual? will try this when i get out of work...thanx!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts