Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Joey,
We will see what we can dig up on this for you, but be aware that you may be knocked off rocker when you get the prices. Usually we have to purchase seats piece by piece, and build them.

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
joey said:
Any info on the cost of SRT-8 front seats?
And are they interchangeable with 300C seats?
joey, I remember a post by aspendog that indicated that the seats on the 300C are not interchangeable due to the blackbox.

Sorry, I tried to find the post to link it for you but couldn't; maybe you can PM aspendog then post the info for others that might have the same idea. :)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Too Bad ...

It's too bad they aren't interchangeable.
I REALLY like those seats.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HEMEEE said:
joey, I remember a post by aspendog that indicated that the seats on the 300C are not interchangeable due to the blackbox.

Sorry, I tried to find the post to link it for you but couldn't; maybe you can PM aspendog then post the info for others that might have the same idea. :)
I PM'd aspendog and here is his answer.

No definite answer but when we tried to install a set of seats out of another "C" the computer flipped. We then only changed out the "black box" and it still had codes. We had to actually swap all the sensors and it finally allowed us to calibrate. It is definitely not a swap out kind of thing, there would be other things to consider. This car has too many sensors, etc...

Hope this helps,
James

Life sure is getting complicated! Guess I will have to sit back (in my stock seats :rolleyes: ) ) and wait to see what develops. I am interested in new seats for the bigger bolsters and less slippery suede. The SRT8 seats look nice (except for the SRT8 badging which would need to be eliminated/changed), but I am not stuck on them. They will probably be overpriced too, as Ted hinted.
Maybe someone like Aspendog will eventually create custom seats and at a competitive price.

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
I also remember he stated that the seat re-calibration issues were NOT DIY and required dealer intervention using specialized weights to the tune of $90.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts