Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question about car cover fit?

Knowing that the 300C SRT has some extra ground effects not included on the 300/300C, do you think there are any reasons why a custom fit car cover specific to the SRT would be much different than the one specific to the 300/300C?

The covers offered by Chrysler show one for the 300/300C with a Mopar logo and one for the SRT with an SRT logo.

I was thinking maybe the SRT would be a few inches longer for teh extra spoiler and effects, but thought I'd ask here to see.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bus Rydr said:
Question about car cover fit?

Knowing that the 300C SRT has some extra ground effects not included on the 300/300C, do you think there are any reasons why a custom fit car cover specific to the SRT would be much different than the one specific to the 300/300C?

The covers offered by Chrysler show one for the 300/300C with a Mopar logo and one for the SRT with an SRT logo.

I was thinking maybe the SRT would be a few inches longer for teh extra spoiler and effects, but thought I'd ask here to see.

Thanks for your input.
I got one from the dealer that was custom. It had the Chrysler emblem on the front and a clear plastic rear license plate window in the back. I believe that it would fit all 300's because it had stretch bottoms front and rear, It works great for my SRT8

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
I bought one from the dealer last summer. I washed my car today because it's been so mild here. My plan is to use the thing if I can get someone over here to help me put it on so I don't scratch anything. I know it has the plastic licence plate window, but it's never been out of the box. I don't even know if it has any logos on it or not. When I bought mine it was the only one available and it's for all models. I think they fit loose enough anyway and the lip spoiler won't be a problem.

Rambit

·
Registered
51 Posts
How much was the cover?

·
Registered
709 Posts
you can get one from from various sites. Some are pricey, so shop around. Oh, and get someone compitent to help you put it on... Rambit is right. It will scratch if you are not careful.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The oem car cover fits great and is really good. It goes on well if you fold it back to front, then the sides inwards. Next place the cover centered on the windshield. Pull the cover over the mirrors to hold it in place, then pull the back over the car and then the front. When the car is waxed it is hard to do by yourself any other way. The price is pretty much the same from all dealers.

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
Check out www.coverking.com Click on custom car covers, scroll down a bit and you will see a cool vanilla 300, 3/4 way covered, for one of there sample cars.

These are very nice covers, use bigger pieces, less stitching of material, the fit is awesome. You can also get them in many various types, colors, two-tone colors,etc. From extreme outdoor protection covers all the way to garage kept only covers.

They are on the pricey side, I have one for my sport bike and I like the product very much. I will be ordering one for the 300 soon. I have the garage kept cover for my bike and will get same for 300. They are not my daily drivers and covers will keep them clean until I roll back to cover for some fun.

On an installation note: You can install a car cover without the help of a 2nd person. This may not be so easy for the height challanged, I am 6'4". So some people may need help with there covers.

The underside of the cover, that actually touches the car/paint, should not be made of material that will scratch your car. Inside your home lay out your cover, I use the couch, with the outside or top of cover couch side down. The underside should be facing you. Turn cover inside out, so that now the outside of the cover is all inside like a pouch and the underside is the bottom material you can feel. From each end of the couch, fold both ends together so all of the outside part of cover has disappeared and you are left with the underside material showing. Remembering which end is front and which is rear. Take the cover to the car and lay the cover on the roof area and unfold it back to front and rear of car. With the outside of cover still rolled up insdie the cover, you can now roll down the cover and start to put the cover on like the bottom sheet of your bed, one corner at a time.

When you take the cover off, just reverse the order and the outside cover is already folded back the way you need it to re-install next use. Most cover co. give you a storage bag. Put the cover in the bag, this will protect the cover itself from collecting dust and protecting the underside of the cover as well, until you roll on your cover again. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts