Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I'm within a whisker of placing my order for an SRT-Design although still not decided on colour. I haven't got time to keep Black looking good even though when clean it looks fantastic, so I'm thinking of either Steel Blue or Silver. Mmmmmmmmm. Decisions, decisions.

Anyway for those of you who own one of these already I wondered if you could answer a question? When the SRT-Design was announced by Chrysler UK along with the 2008 facelift models, they stated that, amongst other things, the SRT-Design would have an 'Upgraded Boston Acoustic Audio system ' but in the saloon only.

The current ebrochure I've just downloaded states that it comes with ,the now standard ,280 Watt 6 speaker system .

I know it is supplied with the Drivers Pack upgrade so has the MyGig system ( does this have UConnect by the way?) but the 380 Watt 7 speaker system is part of the Luxury Pack

I'm therefore confused and hoped someone could shed some light for me. Unfortunately my experience of asking dealerships such questions has been poor. They seem to guess first and only seem to double check once challenged. Even then I get different answers. :pat:

BTW I rang Chrysler directly and the helpful sounding lady thought it was a good question and suggested I ring my local dealer:banghead:

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I had the same dilema with the colour, as I have had a black car before and it was a nghtmare to keep clean, although highly rewarding when spotless. I went for mineral grey, as there appears to be a lot of bright silver around, and to be honest, I don't think the car looks it's best in steel blue.

My car is the standard diesel, but I am sure the my gig system comes with u connect, as far as the upgrade on stereo goes, i cannot advise you, but I have what comes as standard and the sound is fantastic.

Don't hesitate in getting one of these cars, they are fantastic, I'm still smiling after 8 weeks, and having seen a 08 srt-Design at my dealer, you will not be disappointed on the looks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, Ive had black for my last two cars. 1st one I used to hand wash every week, by the time I got my next car I resorted to using car washes and now it looks like c**p as all the paintworks covered in swirls.

I also like the grey, but SRT Design is only available in black, modern blue, steel blue or silver

·
Registered
266 Posts
I think, although wouldn't swear, that the Touring can't take the 7-speaker upgrade because the 7th speaker is a sub-woofer and it's located behind, and attached to, the back of the back seats - this being fine in a saloon, but not in an estate car in which, from time to time, the back seats will be lowered... cheers. John W

·
Registered
519 Posts
So am i right in thinking that the sub woofer stops you from dropping the seats in the saloon?
Sub-woofer sits just below the rear parcel shelf, seats still fold in the saloon. I don't think the SRT-D has the lux pack as an option so no sunroof, wood or BA upgrade.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts