Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't forget this month's chat session guys. Starts at 6PM Eastern 4-16-2008!

Here's ekool's thread with the link to the Caliber Forums Chat Session Thread - http://www.300cforums.com/forums/ch...forums-com-4-16-08-wednesday-6pm-8pm-est.html.

Time to start thinking of questions. Anyone who can't make it, but want to ask a question, post it in here and I can ask on your behalf.

Discuss what you thought of it here afterwards too. Where's my friggin' Jeep??? Maybe I'll get an answer to why my brand new car that's almost a year old doesn't even have a VON yet. Anyone hear there's a shortage of 6.1L engines? Well I sure did. RUMOUR has it all engines have been diverted to the Challenger...humm!!!

Bernie

·
Registered
683 Posts
Bernie,

I hear a lot of talk from the Pedder's guys about the bushings wearing out and tearing and that it is a dangerous situation. I would like to know what testing was done on the OEM bushings and if they think this is a serious issue owners should be concerned about.

Oh and you might have to change your sig to "Coming soon.....2009 Jeep GC SRT8" before too long if things don't change.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I have a 2008 300C SRT8. The brake dust problem is the only thing I do not like about my car. Didn't Chrysler realize this problem during testing and why did they not try to fix it or redesign the brakes. Thanks, regards, Bob.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Rambit, I think what cibalo is talking about is the front radius rod bushings and the lower control arm bushings that are tearing but from what I understand it's higher milage and hard driven vehicles with this problem. You can see what the rep's say about the two items!

·
Registered
771 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
The Pedders guys are saying they have seen this in low mileage vehicles as well (still under warranty) I understand that it is for cars that are driven hard but people that buy the SRT are going to drive it hard. The other question is should they be checked more often as part of regular scheduled maintenance?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Bob the OEM brakes were designed specifically for the SRT8(brake dust included) :biggrin: There is a solution, look at the centric posi quiet pads here! This is one of our vendors. I eliminated 90% of my brake dust with these!

Chrysler 300C SRT8 Products: StopTech big brake kits, stainless steel braided brake lines, tires
Hi. Thanks. I am aware of the replacement brakes. My question is why did they put brakes that had the terrible dust problem on our cars in the first place? I don't feel that we should have to go out and spend a lot more $$ on replacement brakes and labor when the SRT should have had brakes that did not create dust like they do.
Best regards, Bob.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The SRT chats are boring anymore:24: as almost all questions that they are willing to answer have been asked in the previous sessions. They won't answer any performance modification questions and the won't talk about anything coming up that is unreleased. JMO.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Cibalo, also remember that Pedders is trying to sell their product ! Maybe Rambit can get an answer but from previous discussions there has been a fair amount of tap dancing on these sessions!:biggrin: Another thing is, why havent we heard more from anyone else if this is a problem. The car has been out since 2005 ?

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
The SRT chats are boring anymore:24: as almost all questions that they are willing to answer have been asked in the previous sessions.
Keyword= "almost", which must mean there are still questions that can be answered. "You get out what you put into...".

They won't answer any performance modification questions...
Can't say that I blame them in some cases since they have to deal with so many warranty claims from issues caused by bogus mods, improperly installed mods, etc.

and the won't talk about anything coming up that is unreleased. JMO.
That's not their fault, it's strict corporate policy.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Keyword= "almost", which must mean there are still questions that can be answered. "You get out what you put into...".

Can't say that I blame them in some cases since they have to deal with so many warranty claims from issues caused by bogus mods, improperly installed mods, etc.

That's not their fault, it's strict corporate policy.
Say what you wish, These sessions are not so interesting anymore.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Cibalo, also remember that Pedders is trying to sell their product ! Maybe Rambit can get an answer but from previous discussions there has been a fair amount of tap dancing on these sessions!:biggrin: Another thing is, why havent we heard more from anyone else if this is a problem. The car has been out since 2005 ?
Yeah I know and I've been in "discussions" with them on other threads. I'm just trying to gather as much information as I can to seperate the fact from the BS. I understand that if all you do is track your car, drag or road, that things are going to wear out alot faster. I just want to know what was their selection criteria, did they notice any of these problems during testing, and how concerned are they about owners reporting almost full tares. If they come back and say, these things are rock solid and you can put the car though hell and other things will wear out first then I know there is some smoking blowing up some place it shouldn't. I have a feeling it will be something closer to, "they should not need replacing or become damaged under the normal driving conditions that the car was designed for" then it really doesn't help me. All I can do is ask.

I'm also curious why some of the cars made in 12/05 came with a black radio bezel and no "ESP OFF" button. I straight up called the factory and they told me that is how the work order appeared for some of those cars made at that time. I've since remedied this situation.

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a 2008 300C SRT8. The brake dust problem is the only thing I do not like about my car. Didn't Chrysler realize this problem during testing and why did they not try to fix it or redesign the brakes. Thanks, regards, Bob.
Rambit, I think what cibalo is talking about is the front radius rod bushings and the lower control arm bushings that are tearing but from what I understand it's higher milage and hard driven vehicles with this problem. You can see what the rep's say about the two items!
Yeah Bob, there's nothing wrong with the brakes. It's a characterist of the pads. They're agressive and more suited for mild track use. Those (most of us) who want less dust are using Posi Quiets from DaveZ.

For those who may not be aware, the brake TSB and the subsequent slotted rotors are a DIRECT result of these chat sessions.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just got some news on my Jeep!!! This thing went up to he top of the food chain!!!

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just got a one day window tomorrow for a VON, the only one in Canada. I have to get some details at the session though.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
can you explain what VON is?
Vehicle Order Number. It's what you get once you're in the system. It just means your order is good to go. From there you get assigned a VIN.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, seems like someone's asleep at the switch. The damn thread's still closed even though the Engineers posted in it. That means they must be able to open it themselves.

Bernie

1 - 20 of 40 Posts