Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting this thread as a reminder of the chat session tonight because I don't think many have read ekool's announcement here - http://www.300cforums.com/forums/ch...th-tomorrow-6pm-8pm-est-cherokeesrt8-com.html, especially if you're like me and stay on the Active Topics page.

I've been trying to bump that thread today as well. This is done for us and the engineers volunteer their time to do it. No other auto maker does this and it's YOUR opportunity to ask questions, or just to read. It's a valuable asset to us so lets not waste it.

The session starts SOON. follow the link in ekool's thread. I'll be there and hopefully many of you will be too. There's lots of new members here who may not even know about this too!!!

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Damn! I just noticed I put 2006 in the title. I can't even remember who I was back then!!!

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The thread is now open. Questions are piling up. Get there now, whew!!!

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's a retired engineer in there and he may spill his guts!!! Don't miss this one.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's a really interesting question...

Regarding the SRT brakes: In the February 11th, 2008 AutoWeek, on page 17, 2nd column, 2nd and 3rd paragraphs there is some discussion about pad knock back and how the Challenger has been re-worked to overcome that problem. The article says that the fix is through software controlling the ABS/ESP system to pump the pads back up after a reduction in lateral Gs from 0.60 to 0.30, I believe. In any event, I have experienced this problem first hand in my '06 SRT and am wondering if the software fix will be made available to our slightly older SRTs.
Come see their answer!!!

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a question someone can ask...

How come the transmission O-Ring leak has not been addressed at the transmission factory yet? 2007 transmissions are still having to have the TSB done. This is a known problem since 2005. Has it been fixed for 2008 models?

C'mon, be a hero! Ask a question.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guess what this answer is about...

Team SRT said:
We aren't sure what the long term effects of the catch can will be. It certainly violates the stock emissions system due to potential leaks. You are on your own.
Bernie

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not a bad session at all tonight. I learned something. How about YOU, yeah YOU??? I'm talkin' 'bout YOU!!!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
From what I can see, Rambit, you have been having a long, one-way conversation with yourself! Where are all our SRT members?

bruno

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From what I can see, Rambit, you have been having a long, one-way conversation with yourself! Where are all our SRT members?

bruno
You know what, I thought it went well tonight. Lots of questions and I did see a few 3CF members there. The number of views tells me possibly they just read and headed over.

If talking to myself is what it takes I'll do it without shame. Damn, if I can't get the date right what does that tell you about me?...haha!!! Nuts or not, I was there, I saw it all and I learned something! What more could a guy ask for eh?!!!

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Pat or Steve: If you see this, PLEASE change the date to 2008. The fewer people who know I'm nuts the better...haha.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Everyone already knows you are and that Hemi Addict is your shrink! :smashfrea
But me and someone else know better...hehe!!!

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Huh? I don't get that at all. Don't you have an appointment?
How quickly our shrinks forget their patients. Getting warmer?

Bernie

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Anyone else catch that the 06's and later do delete ESP completely when you see the ESP off in the evic? Not 80% off, 100% off. I've been reading for a long time that you can't completely delete the ESP unless you have aftermarket things to turn it off. Even the great one (Meister) states the 80%.

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
Anyone else catch that the 06's and later do delete ESP completely when you see the ESP off in the evic? Not 80% off, 100% off. I've been reading for a long time that you can't completely delete the ESP unless you have aftermarket things to turn it off. Even the great one (Meister) states the 80%.
They didn't actually say "100% off", they stated (in a manner of speaking), "full off"... which is in reality not 100%. In the "full off" mode torque management is further reduced but not eliminated. Reason: "Liability".

1 - 20 of 28 Posts