Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

SRT Exp. to remember

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  sorbs 
#1 · (Edited)
SRT Experience Infineon, one to remember

We got to Drive the JEEP SRT8 and it Rocks, i believe that i might have got that if it were out when i bought my 300, it looks mean and drives great. I love my 300 and i think after that launch the 300 would pull the jeep, yet that jeep was awesome to drive. Very high marks for the Jeep and they are going to sell a bunch of them in SRT8 style. Very kool and excellent handling for such a large vehicle. You can definitely feel the gear ratio being 4:10 or 4:11 or whatever it is, man it just goes and shifts very quickly, No hessitation at all. But ya know, i love my 300 and i think i'll talk my wife into getting the Jeep, i sure hope she does.

Over all, driving the Viper on a Wet track isn't my idea of a truly fun experience with all that much power, coming through the Essess at Infineon accelerating at high speed, water isn't your friend and i proceeded to totally spin out at nearly 55 -65 mph yet, i applied full brake to stay on the dry track, and catch back up to the group, after that i got alot smoother with throttle inputs and became much quicker without all the smoke. Getting talked to by the instructors is a pleasant experience, yet i recommend against it.

Yet there's another story that i'm not sure i should tell so if demand prys it out, then i give up the juicy bits. Just say Repairs.

I asked if they are going to be back at Laguna Seca and at this point they don't have any date set for that track.

See less See more
#3 ·
Do tell.....REPAIRS.....:)

I have signed up for Lime Rock......can't wait. The wife will come to look on and a good friend will be a participant too.
SO, tell us the news.....My thought is that they have to replace the front pads and rotors each day.....tires...well I'm sure they do tires very often.....they might change the brake fluid to a racing one.....what else?????
I'm sure they have to wash the passenger seat in the viper after the ride along on the track (for those of you who have not been on the track at close to speed as a passenger....let me just say that it is over the top....in a good way.)
So...spill the beans....

#4 ·
Sleeper300
Great story and feedback!
Glad to hear it was fun!
Sincerely,

#5 ·
A Photo is worth a 1000 posts

I have pictures...and they aren't pretty. I will be posting them tomorrow...let's just say that someone laid to rest a brand new Viper SRT-10. With less than 500 miles. What a tragic way to lose such a great car. . . :nutkick:

#6 ·
Just great...that's the sort of thing that ends the fun for everyone...some drunk fans beat the crap out of someone on a special train that only ran between my town and the home of my soccer team...on game days. They cancelled the run...permanently. 400 nonviolent fans had to take normal trains...which on the weekend meant arriving 3 hours early and departing 4 hours after the game. All it takes is one idiot....I can see the SRT experience getting a lot less fun in order to reduce the risk to the cars.

#7 ·
sorbs said:
I will be there Sunday so I will make sure to pry the gossip out of them...

Sorbs,
let me know if found anyhting else out about Laguna Seca...
Thanks!
oh...
did you like it?

#8 ·
cbutler32 said:
Sorbs,
let me know if found anyhting else out about Laguna Seca...
Thanks!
oh...
did you like it?
Did I have fun? Don't miss this event. Drifting a Viper on the track using someone else's Viper is just AWESOME!

I will be at Laguna Seca...they think it will be in November again...

Sleeper...you have some explaining to do..

#11 ·
Explanation Juicy Stuff

sorbs said:
Did I have fun? Don't miss this event. Drifting a Viper on the track using someone else's Viper is just AWESOME!

I will be at Laguna Seca...they think it will be in November again...

Sleeper...you have some explaining to do..

OK

During our first Jaunt with the Vipers i was in a Black Convert. so that pic was from the End of our Day Sat. that is the least of what happened, I did in fact Spin my Viper half way through the Essess, which stopped on the tarmac and i proceeded to catch back up to the pack, i was in 2nd which they tell you isn't the gear to be in, yet i felt 2nd is great for all the track except the front straight, i hit Water flowing across the track and the rear was sideways before i knew it, smoke everywhere-- so i lock the brakes to slide straight and remain on pavement instead of Mud.

The Juicy Stuff!!

In my group another driver Unnamed, was in the Copper Viper, did ya See that one??? well it was also spun at the Top or Beginning of the Essess nearing the 2nd turn yet it Ended up being nearly Totalled, Front-Rear-Side, very messed up. Upon retrieval of car and driver they asked him if he was OK and persisted in knowing he was Fine, I talked with him about the crash, being that i had just spun mine before he spun his and, being that he was Covered in Mud, it was apparent to All who had Crashed his Car. anywho Rumors spread about him being liable or whatever,, So i ask him, he said that the SRT Event People just asked him to sign a waiver about his health and that he was OK and proceed to tell him that the Car is just a Broken Egg and that happens. Needless to say i didn't another ride in the Viper, they got parked until the track was dryer.

The SRT Officials, Class Act when i came to the Drivers Safety and Having Fun at the Event, they didn't show worry about losing such a costly car and the second loss of the day is a bump in the road compared to the Copper one that was nearly Totalled, yet the driver did mention that with his ground speed and the upcoming Wall, he said that the Soft Barriers truly helped his Escaping injury and was very surprised by that. He later drove the Viper at the Autocross event and had a great time, yet we sat there Watching the others on the Track event to see if Vipers were on the track yet.... then we saw that one pictured above spin out and need a tow, didn't know it broke anything though.

Considering the Cost to SRT for the Track is like $20K i don't know how they get all the expenses recouped,, definitely don't with only $300 X 100 participants, that leaves $10K now Food, Room and Board for all SRT People, i think this is at the expense to DCX, then to Lose Cars, seems like this could be a short lived Benefit or cost could Rise in the Future.

Did they Drive the RACECAR on SUNDAY????

#12 ·
Yep...three lucky souls got hotlaps in the SRT Competition Coupe. One of them is a friend of mine and I have video. I will editing a movie in a few days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.