Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got delivery (12/18/05) of my Silver Steel 300c SRT8! :banana: DAMN!!! What a car! I have some questions for you very informed SRT owners...

What exactly is the SRT Track Experience? The SRT website states, "Experience the ultimate high-performance driving event for SRT owners. Ride and drive with Skip Barber Racing School experts to maximize your knowledge and skills on the street, strip, and track." Has anyone been to one? Will I be notified of the next/nearest event? How do I sign up?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
Young Grasshoppa

You have the answer with your own message young Jedi , may the force lead you to fun and tire smoke, oh and the time of your life in Not your car.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,252 Posts
www.srttrack experience.com

best time of my life! Drove every SRT, just not mine! Got over 140 MPH in a viper! Drag strip, slalom, autocross, road course... more than you would believe.

we had 50 vehicles, 22 instructors, a trailer full of spare tires, and a pit crew at our disposal all day! At the end of the day were thrill rides with each instructor in their favorite vehicles.

My only disappointment was they would not let me lap the superspeedway in my own car.


Steve
06 CSRT8
all stock all original
everything but DVD
waiting for software
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
stevesrt8 said:
best time of my life!
i went to the miami one...i will 2nd ^^^^^^^^^^
dont miss it..you cant even imagine!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all your responses. The giddy anticipation continues. First was the long wait for delivery of my silver steel baby, now for the SRT experience. :banana:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Here are a few pix of the last one in 2005 at Laguna Seca in Monterey. It was the best time I've had since I can remember!

http://photobucket.com/albums/a226/GoDeep/SRT Experience/


srt-w8ting said:
I just got delivery (12/18/05) of my Silver Steel 300c SRT8! :banana: DAMN!!! What a car! I have some questions for you very informed SRT owners...

What exactly is the SRT Track Experience? The SRT website states, "Experience the ultimate high-performance driving event for SRT owners. Ride and drive with Skip Barber Racing School experts to maximize your knowledge and skills on the street, strip, and track." Has anyone been to one? Will I be notified of the next/nearest event? How do I sign up?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Dood said:
Here are a few pix of the last one in 2005 at Laguna Seca in Monterey. It was the best time I've had since I can remember!

http://photobucket.com/albums/a226/GoDeep/SRT Experience/
Great pix!

I hope they have something down here in SoCal. Been too busy to sign up. I haven't driven my baby in a week! I'll be grinning like an idiot tomorrow on the way to work. My 50 minute commute seems too short now.

Another question...The registration website has a "add guest" section. Do guests have to pay?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,044 Posts
srt-w8ting said:
Great pix!

I hope they have something down here in SoCal. Been too busy to sign up. I haven't driven my baby in a week! I'll be grinning like an idiot tomorrow on the way to work. My 50 minute commute seems too short now.

try and make it down here to SD this weekend...
and FYI - FEB. 10-12th - Fontana - California Speedway
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cbutler32 said:
try and make it down here to SD this weekend...
and FYI - FEB. 10-12th - Fontana - California Speedway
I'm signing up for the Feb 12th. Pretty close to home. What's in SanDi?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,044 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
stevesrt8 said:
best time of my life! Drove every SRT, just not mine! Got over 140 MPH in a viper! Drag strip, slalom, autocross, road course... more than you would believe.

we had 50 vehicles, 22 instructors, a trailer full of spare tires, and a pit crew at our disposal all day! At the end of the day were thrill rides with each instructor in their favorite vehicles.
Agreed! :) Most fun you can have with your clothes on! :eek:
I atended the Aug. 20th session at TMS in Ft. Worth. They are returning there this year March 4-6th. I will be attending again Sat. the 5th. Too much fun. And this time, it's paid for. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
Anyone living in Pheonix or Scottsdale going to the srt track experience June 16 2007. My wife and i will be in Pheonix on this date and would like to meet up with other srt owners that will be attending
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,957 Posts
Anyone living in Pheonix or Scottsdale going to the srt track experience June 16 2007. My wife and i will be in Pheonix on this date and would like to meet up with other srt owners that will be attending
Nothing like going to the track in Phoenix in June :rolleyes: . Not sure what SRTE was thinking. Well, I might be there...but I'm kind of going to the one in Vegas instead. If I decide the Phoenix one, I'll PM you.

Moose.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
Nothing like going to the track in Phoenix in June :rolleyes: . Not sure what SRTE was thinking. Well, I might be there...but I'm kind of going to the one in Vegas instead. If I decide the Phoenix one, I'll PM you.

Moose.


cool thanks alot
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
it's a must

You really have to go- he is a reprint (from our regional section) of my trip up to Summit Point 2 weekends ago-

----------------------------
"I just cannot explain how much fun it is to haul azz on a road course with someone else's car!
You guys would be proud of our 300s, I mean drag after drag after drag... autocross so many times... etc. The cars just kept going strong!!!!

The SRTTE differed in this- last year with (Skip Barber?) there was classroom instruction. That was very useful talking about vehicle dynamics and racing VERY basics... this year none of that- right out to the track! And with so few of us - soooo much road time. The events were:

-Autocross (Crossfires and Jeeps)
-Drag races (all cars, less Viper)
-Drifting (on wet pavement, Viper and Maggie) This is VERY hard to do btw
-Road course (just kick AZZ!!!) soooo many laps really at full throttle most of the time
-Pro experience (this sucked. Personally, I thought we went faster on our own. One of the instructors wrecked a Viper coupe warming the tires...this may vary on a better track)

All in all it was a great sunny fast day. I can say this, I consider myself a beginner track guy, but these cars just turn you into a pro... no pics sorry..
I am too ugly anyway to be seen w/ these fantastic cars.

PS they had a red 300SRT8, lowered, with Mopar exhaust and intake.... truth here.... I could not tell any diff in power or sound with the Mopar exhaust as my stocker... I do have the Mopar intake and that sounded the same....
Lowered the car looks pretty tough...
And, remember i drove a stock 300SRT back to back with the one with the mods many times.... no seat of pants diff..."
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top