Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the difference between the srt front bumpers, and what years did each bumper come on, and how many different srt bumpers r there

·
Registered
200 Posts
I think their all the same except for some of the 05's which were two piece bumpers and then the new 08's might be slightly different on how they attach. Correct me if im wrong but more or less to the naked eye they look all the same.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Midway through 2006 they released the one-piece modled bumper...only major difference in appearence is the one-piece has 3 additional vents in the middle of the bumper...kinda ugly.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have the 1 piece bumper and i want the one without the extra holes do they both mount the same way and r the belly pans the same

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
i have the 1 piece bumper and i want the one without the extra holes do they both mount the same way and r the belly pans the same
Yes the 2 piece and 1 piece 300SRT fascias mount the same way to the car.

It will be hard for you to still find a 2 piece 2005 to mid-06 300SRT front fascia. When the new 1 piece came out, Chrysler discontinued the original 2 piece front fascia.

You might look into buying a 300C front fascia and buying the VIP300 SRT lower front chin spoiler. That would give you a simila look as the original 2 piece 300SRT front fascia. I have seen several 300C owners install the VIP300 front chin spoiler and it looks great.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The one you want is the 2-piece version. Like it was said earlier, it's going to be very tough finding that. Easiest way to do it is get a regular 300c font bumper, then get the VIP300c front lip...closely matches the OEM 2-piece front. I personally just bought a 1-piece SRT front for my base-to-c conversion, the one you currently have, simply because I don't mind the 3 holes all that much, and I feel VIP300 over charges on their front lip, not to say they aren't good peeps and don't put out good products, I just don't like the prices. So I found a SRT front for $140 on ebay, and I just have to be happy with that.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
As freebird said, get a 300c bumper and a vip lip. I found an original oem lip off ebay, but they are a rare find and usually come off totaled cars.

·
Registered
289 Posts
If you read more on that website, they specify it is the recent one-piece molded bumper. The picture they have is of the old 2-piece, but that's not what you're going to get.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts