Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put the SRT wheels on my C without spacers and I only notice them rubbing in reverse. I can turn hard while going forward without rub however if i cut the wheel while in reverse it almost instantly rubs. Any good idea why? I'm running stock 245/45 RSA's.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Kapow!! One shot, one kill for Joey!

Just a bit silly tonight here folks.....

·
Registered
610 Posts
Got Spacers - still rubs... Now what?

I got the 3MM spacers to go along with the SRT Rims on my 'C' but they still rub in reverse while turning (not quite at the limit, but happens often enough to freak my wife out) ... Does a build date of 12/05 have anything to do with it? Is there just enough difference in the cars to allow some to get fixed this way and some... not? Does it indicate a problem elsewhere in the suspension? Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I got the 3MM spacers to go along with the SRT Rims on my 'C' but they still rub in reverse while turning (not quite at the limit, but happens often enough to freak my wife out) ... Does a build date of 12/05 have anything to do with it? Is there just enough difference in the cars to allow some to get fixed this way and some... not? Does it indicate a problem elsewhere in the suspension? Thanks!!
All the 2005-2009 5.7L RWD cars have the same suspension and wheel offsets. I don't know why you are rubbing if you have the stock SRT8 tires.
Others have used the 3mm spacer with success. Billet Tech also sells the 3mm spacers. You might call BT and ask them if they have had customers where the spacers didn't stop the rubbing.

Billet Technology Custom Billet Accessories

·
Registered
256 Posts
I was told one by someone that the reason they rub while in reverse is because you are pulling on the tire which puts more pressure on it and forces it back further into the wheel well. when in forward you are pushing on it and you are actually forcing it away from the wheel well. hard to explain in words. point is, reverse you will get rub without a spacer. a 3mm spacer will help but if you go hard over, you will still get a bit of rub. just learn to adapt AND get a spacer.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Got Spacers - still rubs... Now what?

Yeah it's the stock F1 Tires on the SRT Rims. So based on what KSC says, I could have some extra play in the suspension?... :thinking: I will have my mechanic check it out today or tomorrow and report back. I'll call Billet Tech to see if anyone has seen the same issue. Maybe I need a 4mm spacer? Either way I'll share what I learn - Thanks again!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yeah it's the stock F1 Tires on the SRT Rims. So based on what KSC says, I could have some extra play in the suspension?... :thinking: I will have my mechanic check it out today or tomorrow and report back. I'll call Billet Tech to see if anyone has seen the same issue. Maybe I need a 4mm spacer? Either way I'll share what I learn - Thanks again!
the extra play is there normally with ever car. its just the law of friction and resistance. even my porsche which has a very tight suspension has the same issue.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Can you say duh?

Well I said I would report back... And this hurts, but I put the larger tires in the front! I didnt know that they were different sizes! Ouch! Boy do I feel like an idiot... Yeah the SRT rims came with the staggered F1's lol

:pat:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts