Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has there been a fix for the P0471 exhaust code that catback throw on the second gen SRT's?

I have a Magnaflow and every 170 or so miles I have to clear the code. Just annoying more then anything.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Has there been a fix for the P0471 exhaust code that catback throw on the second gen SRT's?

I have a Magnaflow and every 170 or so miles I have to clear the code. Just annoying more then anything.
Holy smokes- does this happen for every exhaust for our SRT-8s? I was just about to order an exhaust.

·
Registered
562 Posts
It's due to the backpressure sensor on the 2nd gens. Get a tuner and have it shut off via CMR. I haven't heard of anything else that has been successful yet.

·
Registered
563 Posts
There's no setting in the tuners to turn off the backpressure sensor, right? You have to have an actual CMR person disable it? I also have to keep clearing the stupid code with my Magnaflow, though recently it actually (no idea how) cleared itself.

·
Registered
562 Posts
There's no setting in the tuners to turn off the backpressure sensor, right? You have to have an actual CMR person disable it? I also have to keep clearing the stupid code with my Magnaflow, though recently it actually (no idea how) cleared itself.
You are right, you need someone with CMR to disable it. Also, after 3 drive cycles where the conditions to set the code aren't met, it will clear itself

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hehhe good ol P0471- I've got it 3 times since I deleted my mufflers and opened the active valves, but only when I'm really stomping on it, like 10+ seconds of WOT, luckily diablosport clears them in 5 minutes cause the car runs like shit once the light comes on, seems like it loses 100hp

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hehhe good ol P0471- I've got it 3 times since I deleted my mufflers and opened the active valves, but only when I'm really stomping on it, like 10+ seconds of WOT, luckily diablosport clears them in 5 minutes cause the car runs like shit once the light comes on, seems like it loses 100hp
Since you have a tuner, contact someone with the CMR software and have the back pressure sensor turned off so you don't need to worry about it. :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Since you have a tuner, contact someone with the CMR software and have the back pressure sensor turned off so you don't need to worry about it. :)
I don't worry about it, and I'd rather not play with sensor settings, they're there for a reason.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I don't worry about it, and I'd rather not play with sensor settings, they're there for a reason.
It's shutting the input from the sensor off and by bypassing the exhaust valves, aren't you already messing with the sensor settings?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts