Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my original rotors(no TSB performed), and I was thinking about getting the Centric Posi-quiet pads (to elimimate the brake dust). I have never had any problems with my brakes, other than a little squeal, and of course the heavy dust. The ability to stop is amazing, and never had any pulsation. Should I still go for the TSB? I have 7200 miles, and its a 2006. I originally posted this to the wrong thread...(engine, intake, exhaust) :pat:

·
Registered
622 Posts
If you have your original rotors, and they are slotted and not scored or grooved, then you can get the centric posi quiets no problem.

I have an 06 SRTC and the slotted rotors too (no TSB'S). They never gave me any problems except the heavy brake dust.

I got my new pads a few months ago (from Zeckhausen Racing) and changed them. All I can say is that I should have done it years ago. It's been over 2 months and I still haven't had any heavy brake dust!

I bedded the brakes after installation and they seem to stop and act the same as the originals.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RTP, thanks for your quick reply, my car doesnt have the slotted rotors from the factory. Would the original rotors be ok? They seem to be in good condition...

·
Registered
622 Posts
RTP, thanks for your quick reply, my car doesnt have the slotted rotors from the factory. Would the original rotors be ok? They seem to be in good condition...
I think that if the original rotors are not warped, scored, grooved or otherwise damaged like the TSB states, you should be fine. Just remember to bed the brakes so as to match the surfaces of the rotor to the pads.
I know your gonna say that you should have done it a long time ago. It took me like 20minutes a wheel. Of course I cleaned the inside of the wheels while they were off too. This was the easiest brake job I have ever done.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the advice....I have been wanting to clean the rims inside too, but I have never had the wheels off the car! I was looking at some sockets online to prevent damage to the lug nuts when I remove them. I plan to have this car a very long time, so nothing is too good for it...:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Are you guys running the 102 or 104 pads? At 23K my stock pads are shot and squeeling like a stuck pig.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts