Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going this friday to the SRT track experience at Daytona International Speedway.

who else is going on here?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Damn, that was this Friday!? I work for the track and I missed that. :pat:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
i was going to make a post about this, but i suppose i can just ask in here. i plan on going to the TE at Raceway Park in NJ, but i have one STUPID question....do i need to be able to drive stick to do this? i know its weak that i dont really know how, but ive only done it a couple times and am not very confident in my skills in it. i also dont really have access to a car with 5 speed in it either.

im hoping i can still do something tho, because this seems like an awesome opportunity.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i was going to make a post about this, but i suppose i can just ask in here. i plan on going to the TE at Raceway Park in NJ, but i have one STUPID question....do i need to be able to drive stick to do this? i know its weak that i dont really know how, but ive only done it a couple times and am not very confident in my skills in it. i also dont really have access to a car with 5 speed in it either.

im hoping i can still do something tho, because this seems like an awesome opportunity.

yes you do. go learn real quick.

you will be driving the viper(no auto here) and the caliber SRT4. you wont be shifting, you will stay in first gear the whole time, but you will have to get it going, which is the hardest part if ya dont know how to drive a stick.

here's what you can do to learn.

go to every brand of dealer near you and test drive one of their cars with a manual tranny. sure it may be embarrassing the first couple but then you will get used to it. that should get you quite a few runs in a stick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts