Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my car back from hennessey preformance , MAN its fast! sounds great. big power increase,KW sticks like glue.A little bouncy around 165 or so . cant wait to open it up but we are getting a foot of snow right now so that will have to wait.All the badges and other astetics promised in the contract are missing! Ill keep you informed if these things get takencareof . MICHAEL

·
Registered
22 Posts
michael mulligan said:
I just got my car back from hennessey preformance , MAN its fast! sounds great. big power increase,KW sticks like glue.A little bouncy around 165 or so . cant wait to open it up but we are getting a foot of snow right now so that will have to wait.All the badges and other astetics promised in the contract are missing! Ill keep you informed if these things get takencareof . MICHAEL
what exactly did you get done to the motor and what is his claimed horsepower with the mods, im assuming its 550 at the crank? if you dont mind me asking approx price for this package and is there any bargaining involved in the price. pics please? thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lukeinator-8 said:
what exactly did you get done to the motor and what is his claimed horsepower with the mods, im assuming its 550 at the crank? if you dont mind me asking approx price for this package and is there any bargaining involved in the price. pics please? thanks
PICS TO COME WHEN I FIGURE OUT HOW IM NOT A COMPUTER GUY. PRICE WAS 17500 I didnt ask for a break which is why im looking for everything i paid for. the dyno shows 444 rw hp and 455 rwt. way over original. it was bored and stroked and a valve job ......... see hpwebsite for more info clic on srt550 :thats my car doing a smoke show with the magnum.

·
Registered
71 Posts
6 weeks?

michael mulligan said:
PICS TO COME WHEN I FIGURE OUT HOW IM NOT A COMPUTER GUY. PRICE WAS 17500 I didnt ask for a break which is why im looking for everything i paid for. the dyno shows 444 rw hp and 455 rwt. way over original. it was bored and stroked and a valve job ......... see hpwebsite for more info clic on srt550 :thats my car doing a smoke show with the magnum.

so he had your car for about 6 weeks?

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
hennessey delivers

JH really delivers the goods. I'll bet they'll bend over backwards for ya.

My buddy just picked up a twin turbo SRT10 Ram from them and it may be the scariest truck I have ever seen!

·
Registered
72 Posts
michael mulligan said:
try about 6 months!!! actually only 5 months .:lick: :lick:
Are you kidding? 5 months!!?? I was thinking about that package, but no way would I tolorate a shop, even the great "JH" having MY car for half a freakin year... and then for it to be ANYTHING but 100% of what I paid for ( missing all the badging?) would REALLY sour my mood... in fact if they had it that long i'd expect a bonas or two.. maybe kickdown some free wheels n tires for the insane delay.. ( unless of course they told you from the get go that it would take that long, then disregard everything i've said)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Maybe some will think this question is dumb, but I will ask anyways!!!
Why would someone pay 17000 and have the will to wait FEW months to get 444HP while we can pay around 10000 for a GSM supercharger with kooks headers and still get same IF NOT MORE HP????????
Seriously, is there something special about the srt550 that you can't find in a supercharged srt8??

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
alik2b said:
Why would someone pay 17000 and have the will to wait FEW months to get 444HP while we can pay around 10000 for a GSM supercharger with kooks headers and still get same IF NOT MORE HP????????
Seriously, is there something special about the srt550 that you can't find in a supercharged srt8??
The 550 SRT is taking the 370ci SRT 6.1L aspirated motor and stretching her out to a 392ci aspirated motor. What you get is a pavement pounding, purely aspirated motor with no assistance from Supercharger's or Turbo's,etc. Some people like turbo's, some supercharger's and others aspirated power. Just a personal choice, like different wheel styles and choices. The same question could be asked of a 300C buyer and a 300C SRT buyer. Why does someone pay so much more for the SRT, than the 300C. Budget, personal choice, wanting 345 hp, wanting 425hp, etc.

·
Registered
61 Posts
If they were out when I was in a buying mood, I would have gotten the SRT but, I have an R/T with serious mods instead.

If the Challenger makes it to production, the R/T is gone and the Challenger will take its place.

·
Registered
37 Posts
FreebirdSRT said:
The 550 SRT is taking the 370ci SRT 6.1L aspirated motor and stretching her out to a 392ci aspirated motor. What you get is a pavement pounding, purely aspirated motor with no assistance from Supercharger's or Turbo's,etc. Some people like turbo's, some supercharger's and others aspirated power. Just a personal choice, like different wheel styles and choices. The same question could be asked of a 300C buyer and a 300C SRT buyer. Why does someone pay so much more for the SRT, than the 300C. Budget, personal choice, wanting 345 hp, wanting 425hp, etc.
we can notcompare a 300c to CSRT8.....WhatI meant in my first post is:
a supercharged 300c srt8 will produce AROUND 450 rwhp!
an srt550 will produce AROUND 450rwhp!
WHAT IS SO DIFFERENT BETWEEN THE 2 ABOVE?
IS IT ONLY LOW END TORQUE?
let me be more specific:
GSM did the 1/4 milein 11.8x, would the srt550 beat that time for the extra money????

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alik2b said:
17500 that is! the reason is i have a 2004 chevy pickup with a 496 or 8.1 4x4 4door i put in a wipple 2 screw supercharger with great gains but not what i expected. with the 550 package i got great gains verry happy with that but if i wasnt ,its easer to bolt on a supercharger now than taking one off to stroke the motor. john at GSM said no problem with doing that by the way so when enough isnt enough anymore well see about that

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
alik2b said:
17500 that is! the reason is i have a 2004 chevy pickup with a 496 or 8.1 4x4 4door i put in a wipple 2 screw supercharger with great gains but not what i expected. with the 550 package i got great gains verry happy with that but if i wasnt ,its easer to bolt on a supercharger now than taking one off to stroke the motor.

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
N/a

alik2b said:

A great question and deserving of an answer! The number one advantage of an N/A motor is longevity and reliability. Much greater chance to enjoy that power for a long time. Mechanical supercharger is adding parts that wear, make noise, and finally, a 10.3 to 1 motor is not really suited to boost anyway.

I would agree that the wait is inexcusable. But having seen his products and driven 3 different vehicles by his shop I would defend his work as the finest.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
alik2b said:
the KW suspention was FREE! the reason it took so iong per john at hp is they did a magnum first while my car was there. they had problms with smoking so they had to figure it out befor doing mine. he said the longer stroke was causing the oil sprays in the lower end to bring oil up im not a gear head i just llike to go fast .so i may be wrong on my discription of what hapened but if it took extra time to make it right so be it.it wont see winter anyway!!

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
michael mulligan said:
17500 that is! the reason is i have a 2004 chevy pickup with a 496 or 8.1 4x4 4door i put in a wipple 2 screw supercharger with great gains but not what i expected. with the 550 package i got great gains verry happy with that but if i wasnt ,its easer to bolt on a supercharger now than taking one off to stroke the motor.
Wipples and chevy's are a perfect marriage. It seems the GSM supercharger is the right mate for our 300's. I agree with you, enjoy the 550 for all of her power, when you tire of that power, bolt on a supercharger. Always easier to go the route you are planning than to un-install the Scharger to do the big engine work.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thank you guys for giving me more insight!!!
So as Stevesrt8 put it, the srt550 is just more reliable and longer lasting than a supercharged srt8!!!! and then you have the choice to add a supercharger on top of srt550!!!!!!! Now that is the car I wanna see :)

·
Registered
443 Posts
alik2b said:
umm.................let me ask another question. Forget the supercharger for a minute. Why not do the GSM heads and intake? Add an exhaust and call it a day.

Most folks are showing stock dyno's between 345 and 375hp. Add about 70hp for the heads and maybe another 20hp for an exhaust and we're just about at the same HP. Don't get me wrong......I really think the SRT550 is badass, but I have a hard time justifying the cost......17k versus about 6k.......

11k for badges??

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
jconnolly1119 said:
umm.................let me ask another question. Forget the supercharger for a minute. Why not do the GSM heads and intake? Add an exhaust and call it a day.

Most folks are showing stock dyno's between 345 and 375hp. Add about 70hp for the heads and maybe another 20hp for an exhaust and we're just about at the same HP. Don't get me wrong......I really think the SRT550 is badass, but I have a hard time justifying the cost......17k versus about 6k.......

11k for badges??
well my stock dyno was less than 345 by about 25 hp. so by my calculations thats about 125 upgrade. hennessey was the popular name in motors and i would prefer to go to someone with experience.being new to this im not sure of any other names. as i get into this im learning more.mostly because of this sight.im a home builder i always start with a good foundation. this is my foundation! if you look at other posts youl see some problems with dyno results on boltons youv suggested. so why spend the money? caus i can then ill spend more on other stuff "boltons"when i feel they deserve to be in my srt550 umm....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts