Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

SRT8 Bone Stock Dyno Numbers

10K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  thuban2 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any links or info on STR8 bone stock dyno numbers? I'm curious to see how close these cars are to advertised performance. Me butt meter tells me it's more than advertised BUT that's not very easily quantifiable. Thanks.

#3 ·
Humongo said:
Does anyone have any links or info on STR8 bone stock dyno numbers? I'm curious to see how close these cars are to advertised performance. Me butt meter tells me it's more than advertised BUT that's not very easily quantifiable. Thanks.
Hey blinger,
love the avatar...
mine dynoed at stock at 374rwhp...
hope that helps.
Sincerely,

#4 ·
cbutler32 said:
Hey blinger,
love the avatar...
mine dynoed at stock at 374rwhp...
hope that helps.
Sincerely,
Thanks for the info and the props on the avatar. As Ali G might say, "These blokes on this here internet site is proper! Big ups!"

Now, conservatively, could we say there is around a 20% parasitic loss for power accessories and drive line? If so that has you close to 450 flywheel HP.:naughty:

#5 ·
Humongo said:
Thanks for the info and the props on the avatar. As Ali G might say, "These blokes on this here internet site is proper! Big ups!"

Now, conservatively, could we say there is around a 20% parasitic loss for power accessories and drive line? If so that has you close to 450 flywheel HP.:naughty:
This car just rolls and rolls and hardly slows down when I take foot off gas. I think the parasitic loss is relatively low (which is relevant here) and engine braking is also low (which is not).

#7 ·
Humongo said:

btlfed1500 who is the Magnaflow employee, guessed around 450-455 SAE hp after we dyno'ed it with the cat-back and high flow cats on it...
so your number is close enough for me...
remember my number...
is based on the Magnaflow upgrades...
artichoke is somewhat right - it doesn't slow down very quickly on its volition...

#9 ·
glhs837 said:
I've been tentatively using %17 as a guess for losses, since %20 doesnt seem to jive to well, and reportedly, this trans is super efficient.

everyone,
use these numbers...
why?
this guy knows his stuff...
plain and simple...
total gearhead...

not only does he love to drive em' like he stole them...
like Moi...
but he knows how and why they do what they do...
and that is where I rely on guys like glhs837...

#10 ·
cbutler32 said:
everyone,
use these numbers...
why?
this guy knows his stuff...
plain and simple...
total gearhead...

not only does he love to drive em' like he stole them...
like Moi...
but he knows how and why they do what they do...
and that is where I rely on guys like glhs837...
He's close.......
17.5% driveline loss at stock hp levels. (Based on comparing engine on engine dyno, then on chassis dyno)

Don't ask me to follow-up. I'd tell you, but I'd have to . . .

#11 ·
JMatt said:
He's close.......
17.5% driveline loss at stock hp levels. (Based on comparing engine on engine dyno, then on chassis dyno)

Don't ask me to follow-up. I'd tell you, but I'd have to . . .

JMATT!!!
I missed your perfection...
1/2 a percent...
your killing me...
and no, I don't won't to know...
it 's not worth it...
even for a twinkie...

#12 ·
drivtrain loss CANNOT be addresses as a percent of engine power. Drivetrain loss is mostly a fixed number (except for extra bearing load and lubricant windage) If there is a 20% loss from 450 Flywheel HP to 360 RWHP the loss will not double if we went to 900 Flywheel HP it may go from 90 to say 110 or so but no way it will go to 180. The trans, rear end, u joints ..... do not take more power to turn as HP goes up
Mike

#13 ·
Full Throttle said:
drivtrain loss CANNOT be addresses as a percent of engine power. Drivetrain loss is mostly a fixed number (except for extra bearing load and lubricant windage) If there is a 20% loss from 450 Flywheel HP to 360 RWHP the loss will not double if we went to 900 Flywheel HP it may go from 90 to say 110 or so but no way it will go to 180. The trans, rear end, u joints ..... do not take more power to turn as HP goes up
Mike
Ahhh.....notice my post specifically says "17.5% at stock hp levels." Most people get that wrong.

#14 ·
JMatt said:
Ahhh.....notice my post specifically says "17.5% at stock hp levels." Most people get that wrong.
So are you saying it's close to flat at 17.5% at every RPM below redline, at all output levels between 0 and 425 HP at the flywheel (i.e. at all loads caused by different gears and pitch angles that result in these output levels)?

#16 ·
Maybe you should post that a couple more times...:twak: You know you are in the SRT8 section - right?:pat:

Eric

#17 ·
me. too!

I have a rash!

#19 ·
Check my sig for stock and current dyno numbers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.