Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to all you SRT8 owners if your respective dealers added the "Supply and Demand" above sticker for your vehicles.

The local dealer here has 2 SRT8's on the lot, but is tagging them with a $15,000 price ABOVE MSRP.

Anybody care to share?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
JimTurner said:
Just curious to all you SRT8 owners if your respective dealers added the "Supply and Demand" above sticker for your vehicles.

The local dealer here has 2 SRT8's on the lot, but is tagging them with a $15,000 price ABOVE MSRP.

Anybody care to share?
Run away! Same crap with my CTS-V two years ago. I'd buy one off ebay and have the damn thing freighted in before I'd pay over MSRP. Two dealers on ebay in NC were selling at invoice + 1/2 their hold back. It was about $3,500 off MSRP. There are deals out there and patience pays. I must admit though as an early buyer, I do like hearing these stories. It doesn't make it right, but it does make you feel better when you get something off MSRP.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12 Posts
if you are looking for a srt8 at a substantial discount, please send me a pm. i am in orange county and i have 13 300 srt's in stock.

thanks
paul



JimTurner said:
Just curious to all you SRT8 owners if your respective dealers added the "Supply and Demand" above sticker for your vehicles.

The local dealer here has 2 SRT8's on the lot, but is tagging them with a $15,000 price ABOVE MSRP.

Anybody care to share?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,068 Posts
With all the available supply of these vehicles out there I should think you could wheel and deal. There are plenty of dealerships out there that will sell at MSRP. Just look around. Are people still having to buy out of state to get around this MSRP markup crap? If so, come on down to Florida- I'll hook you up to a couple of beauties at MSRP- no problem. Makes a nice "breakin" roadtrip. :wink: Good luck!:)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,957 Posts
JimTurner said:
Just curious to all you SRT8 owners if your respective dealers added the "Supply and Demand" above sticker for your vehicles.

The local dealer here has 2 SRT8's on the lot, but is tagging them with a $15,000 price ABOVE MSRP.

Anybody care to share?
Funny thing is, he'll probably get the 15K or at least some over MSRP. When I bought mine, (late Jan 06) a guy was buying two for 15K over, each. One for his daughter and one for him.

CVP33 is right, take your time and shop.

Moose.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
823 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice gang. I have an 06 C with all the goodies and only 6600 miles on it (so far). But, after reading all the posts about the SRT8 owners, and how you all love your vehicles, I want to join the club.

Funny, there are used 300c's around but NO used SRT8's to speak of. Hmmmm, I wonder why? :naughty:

jimt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,044 Posts
JimTurner said:
Thanks for the advice gang. I have an 06 C with all the goodies and only 6600 miles on it (so far). But, after reading all the posts about the SRT8 owners, and how you all love your vehicles, I want to join the club.

Funny, there are used 300c's around but NO used SRT8's to speak of. Hmmmm, I wonder why? :naughty:

jimt

I can honestly say that doing business with Paul at Foothill has been very enjoyable for everyone that has used him so far...
I personally did not use him...
and I wish he was around when I did get mine...
all the way from Michigan - drove it back...
$15K over still...
wow...
we were $15-25K over here in SD last year...
didn't know there were still some dealers trying to stick it to people still...
if you are seriously considering the SRT8...
call Paul...
with 13 on the ground...
should have the options and color you want...
Good Luck!
Sincerely,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cbutler32 said:
...
if you are seriously considering the SRT8...
call Paul...
with 13 on the ground...
should have the options and color you want...
Good Luck!
Sincerely,
I just might! Considering the dealership is 3 miles from home! :biggrin:


jimt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Yea, most of the dealerships in CA have that stupid mark-up.... When I bought my baby, the dealership was asking 20K over sticker (68K)... I told the guy goodluck selling it.... and he said that they had already sold 4 at that price and would not have a problem selling more.....So I told the guy that if he wanted to sell it at MSRP, give me a call, and sure enough 2 weeks later I get a ring from him and we closed the deal....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,239 Posts
Last summer when my dad was waiting on his "ordered" SRT8 - - ordered as an '05 on January 3rd, 2005 - - and wondering if he'd EVER get it (the dealer honestly didn't know....) we checked around a little.....

The dealership 30 miles west in Spokane would have been happy to sell him one they had incoming for $8,000 over MSRP (and we are talkin' Spokane Washington here folks....not exactly home to the rich and famous!). He decided to tough it out and sure enough, in August, Dave Smith Motors (40 miles east in Kellogg Idaho) came thru at INVOICE + $217. So 70 miles distance and being patient another couple months saved him about $10,000.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
i was the first to order/purchase an SRT-8 model from my dealer; got it for MSRP... went back recently for an oil change and saw a black CSRT-8 in front of the showroom...with a $2500 'limited availability markup' on the window sticker :pat:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
My dealership had 10k MVA on them, still does, but now they dont really expect to get it. We have another dealer in NY that has 11 of them in stock, and just about every Chrysler Dealership seems to have at least a few.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,044 Posts
JimTurner said:
I just might! Considering the dealership is 3 miles from home! :biggrin:


jimt

and?
any luck?
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
Steve Desjardins said:
If you are in that states deal with Paul Whitehead (pwrfleet??). Like he said he has 13 in stock + I am sure you will great service from him.
Now that's cool...
Steve it's prwfleet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,523 Posts
I just got a call yesterday and what was 5K over MSRP last week is now at MSRP. Just a few months ago they were 15K over. I'm waiting it out.
I think when the Challenger comes out the 300CSRT8 will be a steal (so what if I have to get a pre-owned 1, right?) for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
823 Posts
kevenj said:
Last summer when my dad was waiting on his "ordered" SRT8 - - ordered as an '05 on January 3rd, 2005 - - and wondering if he'd EVER get it (the dealer honestly didn't know....) we checked around a little.....

The dealership 30 miles west in Spokane would have been happy to sell him one they had incoming for $8,000 over MSRP (and we are talkin' Spokane Washington here folks....not exactly home to the rich and famous!). He decided to tough it out and sure enough, in August, Dave Smith Motors (40 miles east in Kellogg Idaho) came thru at INVOICE + $217. So 70 miles distance and being patient another couple months saved him about $10,000.

Anomoly. 1st of all, Dave Smith doesn't have any and you won't be able to order any. If they DO get one from a cancelled order, they'll sell at mSRP. At least that's what they offered me after I've already purchased at Westborn.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Don't get discouraged MSRP or less is out there sometimes you have to search a little. Up in the Bay Area (home of the million dollar fixer-upers!) the markups were herendous and lots of dealers still won't budge to this day. I used the Chrysler site and emailed every dealer within a 70 mile radius or so. Found $1500 under MSRP this way. The demand is still there but supply has caught up enough where dealers have a harder time charging the premiums.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cbutler32 said:
and?
any luck?
Got sidetracked building sets for a local high school drama production.

Am going to call tomorrow. Ya never know!!!!!!!!!:01: :01:

jimt
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top