Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

My father works for DaimlerChrysler and just got an early production SRT8 over the weekend. It is a beautiful car with the 20" wheels, extra trim, cool racing style seats with the SRT8 logo stitched into the seatbacks.

Michigan roads over the weekend made it a little difficult to get an accurate feel of the car. Every road is bad...whether it be ice and snow, wet, or just salt residue. ESP did an excellent job...however, as you all know it robs you of power when you hit slick roads. I could definitely feel a difference in power. This car is fast. I just can't wait to get it on dry pavement and really try it out.

If you have any questions, send an email to [email protected].

Pat

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Mirage

pd171 said:
The roads are dry here in Mississippi. Come on down and lets check it out!
Virginia's good too - come on down!
(Dealers here refuse to quote date of arrival for 1st ones).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys...I will try to get some pictures of it as soon as possible. My pops actually took it on a trip to northern Michigan since Tuesday...so I am anxiously awaiting his return. As far as the tires...not sure about the actual size, but he did opt for the all-season tires to be able to get through the Michigan winter. They are a Z-rated Goodyear. I know there is a 3 season tire available as well. Pedals...hmm...never really looked. haha. One thing I was a little disappointed with was the fact you can't see the orange engine block...but wait...ok i'm over it! :)

Hopefully some pics next week...although you guys will probably all be sick seeing it covered in salt from the Michigan roads!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't get down on your dealers about arrival date...I work at a dealer, the old man works for corporate. Dealer still does not know official launch information. I'd like to hear an announcement at the Detroit Auto Show which is right around the corner...but we'll see. I already have a list going of people holding out for the SRT. Did receive the first AWD 300C today...performs very well...so anyone not sure of the already excellent RWD setup...consider the AWD. Only problem is you can break it free!!!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
What color is the SRT-8 your dad got to test drive?

Is the color better than the 2005 300C's?

Overall quality and apperance rating???

HUGE for those who have put a downpayment and are waiting to place their orders sometime over the next several weeks (hopefully).

Thanks for any input into this important new car purchase decision...

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
XCITsNU said:
What color is the SRT-8 your dad got to test drive?

Is the color better than the 2005 300C's?
WEIRD! Why would the color be "better" for a SRT-8? It only comes in Silver or Black and the same paint used on all 300's. :D

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
pkmsu81 said:
Don't get down on your dealers about arrival date...I work at a dealer, the old man works for corporate. Dealer still does not know official launch information. I'd like to hear an announcement at the Detroit Auto Show which is right around the corner...but we'll see. I already have a list going of people holding out for the SRT. Did receive the first AWD 300C today...performs very well...so anyone not sure of the already excellent RWD setup...consider the AWD. Only problem is you can break it free!!!
PKMSU81, I assume you meant that you can't break the AWD free. I am also wondering if you could ask your dad if he knows if the SRT-8 will come out in AWD. I assume not, but the website below says otherwise. Let us know. Thanks. http://www.arifleet.com/production.html

(LXCX48) SRT-8 AWD model has a Job #1 of 1/10/05

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Johnny, to the best of my knowledge, both of your assumptions are correct. I doubt DC will build their high performance version in the AWD model...but I guess will have to wait and see. Personally, I would rather have the RWD in the SRT 8.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
E55 KEV said:
WEIRD! Why would the color be "better" for a SRT-8? It only comes in Silver or Black and the same paint used on all 300's. :D
Actually I'm not sure if it is a weird question, because there have been numerous complaints about the quality of the paint on the 300C's and the overall look of the Black and Silver colors as having a washed out orange peel appearance. For the money the SRT-8 fully loaded is going to cost, with taxes and gas guzzler fines, I mean fee's :) (on the bubble of the $50k mark) the paint quality is pretty damn important to me. I've seen the washed out, flaking trunk and hoods of other Chrysler models (La Baron for one) that are only 6 - 8 years old and I for one do NOT want to have cheap paint on a car I plan on keeping for 20 to 30 years until it is as classic as the corvettes or the 67' Fastback Mustang in my garage. And actually Chrysler from what I understand has changed the paint supplier they use within the last several months to address these complaints, but I'd like to know from someone who has actually seen one. I'm not impressed with the Silver color as much as I am on the Benz, because there is an obvious difference in appearance between the two. If someone took a picture of them side by side, you would see the difference. I've seen them sitting is a parking lot next to each other and on a sunny day there is a difference and on a cloudy day there is a huge difference. The black of the early production 300C's looked almost like a flat black instead of a Brilliant black with just a few days of road use after a wax. I have a few friends with a black one and a silver one.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Redman said:
Virginia's good too - come on down!
(Dealers here refuse to quote date of arrival for 1st ones).
Redman could call in the bombers and clear a spot wherever you’re at.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
SRT-8 Competition is Heating up!

That's a Roger. Tango Whisky Alpha - cleared for takeoff.
Rendezvous 0500 - checkpoint Charlie -- terminate with extreme prejudice. Over. (And with that, no CTS-Vs were seen for miles around). Still:
http://www.autoextremist.com/firstlook.shtml
STS-V will have 440hp (but not without supercharging). :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
pkmsu81 said:
Johnny, to the best of my knowledge, both of your assumptions are correct. I doubt DC will build their high performance version in the AWD model...but I guess will have to wait and see. Personally, I would rather have the RWD in the SRT 8.
Can you let us know if the brake calipers have the brembo name on it, or are they plain. I know the magnum srt-8 has great looking red calipers. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
Redman said:
That's a Roger. Tango Whisky Alpha - cleared for takeoff.
Rendezvous 0500 - checkpoint Charlie -- terminate with extreme prejudice. Over. (And with that, no CTS-Vs were seen for miles around). Still:
http://www.autoextremist.com/firstlook.shtml
STS-V will have 440hp (but not without supercharging). :eek:
Redman,

I think you’re a government agent sent by W to infiltrate our group and brain wash us all into loving our gas guzzling hot rods.

PS It’s working! :D

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Fossil Fuel - Quick before itz too late!

indyCoder said:
Redman,

I think you’re a government agent sent by W to infiltrate our group and brain wash us all into loving our gas guzzling hot rods.

PS It’s working! :D
Wasnt really his idea (what is?). :rolleyes:

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts