Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find replacement Mopar front brake hoses for my 2007 SRT8. Confusing data in Chrysler parts lists. For 2007 05166552AA is listed as RHS and 05174067AA as LHS. 05174067AA is listed as discontinued and there doesn't seem to be a superseded part number for them. Later parts lists say 05166552AA is for right and left. Just got one from the States and as the earlier parts list states it's only correct for the RHS. If you tried to use it on the the left the steel bracket is facing the wrong way.
Has anyone come across this before and is there a superseded Mopar number for the LHS hose?
Max Elliott

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
I can confirm the bracket fitting is definitely a sided part.

Just swap the wrong bracket for the old bracket. You'll need a moles grip to partially open up where it clamps onto the pipe.

I have a supply problem, ended purchasing 2x right sided hoses and then removed the new bracket for the old.

Hoses are the same lenght, the only bit which differentiate from left and right is the brackets.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. That does seem the way to go. I'd rather do that than go down the aftermarket route. You have to wonder why manufacturers do the things they do, to discontinue just one side seems crazy to me, if customers need one side they must have the vehicle, so potentially will need the other, meaning there is a market for both parts.
What you suggest is something I can do and will do, I'll paint the bracket too as there doesn't seem to be much anti corrosion protection on it.
Thanks again.
:)

·
Registered
2014 CRD
1,545 Posts
Have you tried your local Fiat dealer? They provide parts here and have sometimes changed the part numbers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts