Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Re: 2013 SRT8 Interior Carbon Fiber replacement.
I purchased the SRT8 new and only in the past 6 months Ive experienced Carbon Fiber issues(lifting etc..) Regrettably I cracked two of them whilst cleaning interior.
I understand there are many posts regarding Interior carbon fiber issues and have tried to read as many as possible before posting this.
I don't think warranty is covered in Australia or I may have missed the boat with the warranty period.
I'm hoping to find information as to where I can buy "OEM" Carbon Fiber replacements for 2013 SRT8 Interior trim.
  • Trim above Glovebox (Right Hand drive vehicle, glovebox on left side)
  • Trim for rear left door
Ive looked at after market stick on options but prefer to try OEM if possible
Are there any car wreckers in USA that sell these ?
Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
There were so few of these cars made that I wouldn’t expect to find many in wrecking yards.

I have not been able to locate any in the after market. Well, there’s that stick on crap...

Buy yourself some Gorilla glue.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Koooop, I only wish it was that easy, regrettably both trims are broken and the reason Im looking for replacements.
I might have to search for car wreckers and hope someone has them to sell.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts

Go there, do a live chat and see what they can do for you. Years past there was a way for a salvage yard to check with other salvage yards to locate a given model. If there’s a way to do this and locate an SRT I’d start by asking LKQ.

I guess the dealership says you can’t buy these parts anymore? The last two shifter plates that were put in my car were both damaged (new OEM parts) so I guess the factory was down to the bottom of the barrel on those... My dealership indicated as much.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the links, I'll start with them.
Ive tried Chrysler dealerships localy in Aust, they are able to order however very expensive, I was quoted $1,200 AU just for the Left Rear Door trim, they dont seem to sell the Carbon Fiber inserts individually I'll have to purchase the whole door trim as a unit.
If Im successful, I'll let you know... thanks again for your leads.

·
Registered
3 Posts
use Pliobond, it will never come off again. Best cement on the planet. Really stinks so you know its good.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just had a carbon door insert installed on my right front door, in days past they would replace the entire door panel.

I’m in the US.
Hi Koooop, could you please clarify.. did you just have the Carbon Fiber peice replaced or the whole door trim?
If its just the Carbon Trim, was it under warranty or not?
If not warranty replacement, could you forward info. where you found these.
Sorry for the many questions.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
It’s the carbon fiber part in the door panel that was replaced. There is a small piece of metal trim attached to that one.

It was covered under the extended warranty, but now I just glue them back on. I don’t even bother with the warranty anymore, it’s pointless.

This carbon fiber is dealer only.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Well, and the carbon fiber on the doors, the dash and the carbon fiber cover on the center compartment and the carbon fiber on the shifter plate and the carbon fiber on the... Pretty much all of it, many parts more than once, or twice, or thrice...

Gorilla glue is the answer, it resolves the issue.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It’s the carbon fiber part in the door panel that was replaced. There is a small piece of metal trim attached to that one.

It was covered under the extended warranty, but now I just glue them back on. I don’t even bother with the warranty anymore, it’s pointless.

This carbon fiber is dealer only.
Thanks for your quick reply.. would you have the dealers details, may be I can purchase mine from them.
Both mine are cracked and need replacing.
Thanks again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts