Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
FYI from Edmunds:
"Rated at 469 horsepower and 516 pound-feet of torque, the E55's supercharged 5.5-liter V8 is one of the most powerful production engines ever offered in the U.S. Mercedes claims a 0-to-60-mph time of just 4.5 seconds -- we're talking Ferrari territory here. The never-ending stream of power is put to the ground via an AMG-fortified five-speed automatic transmission complete with three driver-selectable shift modes: standard, sport or manual."

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a ctsv 2005 and a 2001 e55 benz. I'm in the market for an SRT8 and
have driven one for about a week (fantastic car) however they are not in the same league with the 2003 & UP E55's. I could care less if it's governed- it makes other cars look silly. For the price of 40k the srt8 is the best bang for the buck but not comparable in anyway to the Benz in my opinion.

"JUST FACT"

·
Registered
612 Posts
HotRodK said:
No, it has come to you facing the facts. A stock E55 is governed to 155mph, and the SRTs run 170-172. Sorry you have to get your panties in a wad over the truth...:sigh:
yes, it's a fact that a stock e55 is governed to 155mph. but it's also a FACT that a stock vs. stock race would be over long before the 100mph mark so i don't think e55 owners need to worry about you.

now freaky or moose might make e55 owners worry!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Gumballing...

330toSRT8 said:
Unless you're racing in the Gumball. Also, some people race for top speed (Supras come to mind). But I'm sure 99.99999% of people in this forum will be doing neither.
I agree.
That's it... I am going to Run the 2008 Gumball.:naughty:
:naughty:

·
Registered
267 Posts
chiromikey, best dyno pull was 422rwhp at 102 degrees temp, 70% humidity. Back to back dyno pulls ranged from 405 to 422. All my mods were done this summer, so waiting for the weather to cool down a bit. I will be adding the Heat cams by the end of summber once their testing completes.

This is a CLS55 that ran [email protected], against a Z06 with headers/tune dynoed at 475rwhp.
The guy owns both cars, both amazing in their own ways.
http://media.putfile.com/C6Z06-vs-CLS55

·
Registered
271 Posts
chiromikey said:
yes, it's a fact that a stock e55 is governed to 155mph. but it's also a FACT that a stock vs. stock race would be over long before the 100mph mark so i don't think e55 owners need to worry about you.
I see you are trying to make yourself feel better. I make a factual statement about the top end of 2 stock cars. Your panties get in a bunch and start trying to make yourself feel better. Have at it. For the cost of the E55 it should perform better.
If youd ever like to get your ass whipped by a lowly Mach1, from ANY SPEED, please let me know.:dead1:

·
Registered
612 Posts
HotRodK said:
I see you are trying to make yourself feel better. I make a factual statement about the top end of 2 stock cars. Your panties get in a bunch and start trying to make yourself feel better. Have at it. For the cost of the E55 it should perform better.
If youd ever like to get your ass whipped by a lowly Mach1, from ANY SPEED, please let me know.:dead1:
who's trying to feel better? as much as i love the srt8's, i feel pretty damned good about my decision. besides, i'm not the one that's bringing an off topic car into the debate. i've got a motorcycle that can whip your mach1...SO WHAT!!! that has nothing to do with an srt8 or an e55. btw, i've already admitted your dad can beat up my dad so can we end this? if not, pm me your childish insults and i'll entertain you for a while in private so the rest of the board doesn't have to be embarrassed by you.

·
Registered
612 Posts
freakyshiat said:
chiromikey, best dyno pull was 422rwhp at 102 degrees temp, 70% humidity. Back to back dyno pulls ranged from 405 to 422. All my mods were done this summer, so waiting for the weather to cool down a bit. I will be adding the Heat cams by the end of summber once their testing completes.

This is a CLS55 that ran [email protected], against a Z06 with headers/tune dynoed at 475rwhp.
The guy owns both cars, both amazing in their own ways.
http://media.putfile.com/C6Z06-vs-CLS55
i saw that video a couple of weeks ago. most 55's aren't going to keep up with a c6 zo6, especially one with any mods. any car that can run a mid-high 11 second pass right off the showroom floor is impressive...i love those new zo6's!

your car sounds bada$$!! keep me posted on your progress.

·
Registered
267 Posts
will do Chiro, i saw some of your posts at the benz forum :)

And I think we will have better luck with the E63 than the 55 :p

·
Registered
59 Posts
I drive through Malibu and many of the world's fast one;s daily. When the other's come up they are usually on a cell phone and are not engaged. Wish I could show these $200,000 plus cars where we are -but do when I can.-frequently!

Because of the many signal;s, I have many chances to show the beast - they take notice of our rear facia regularly. This one not about kills= I jump on the exotic"s -and time/distance regulates the outcome win/lose. Mixed bag on 10 cylnders and up, good win rate for lesser. a

Having a ton of fun with theSRT8.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
ton o fun

with apologies to Chiro and other owners, I think the e55 is ugly. The SRT8 300C is a true modern classic that will be revered for years as a cool car.

Now, performance wise, it's a no brainer. With over 500 ft.lbs. of torque, whatcha gonna do? I've heard they get near 200 with the limiters removed! Amg has always rocked, and their new 6.3 is just as bad.

But then for the $$$$ they should. My only fear with a used one would be as the miles pile up they can need some expensive service!

·
Registered
612 Posts
stevesrt8 said:
with apologies to Chiro and other owners, I think the e55 is ugly. The SRT8 300C is a true modern classic that will be revered for years as a cool car.

Now, performance wise, it's a no brainer. With over 500 ft.lbs. of torque, whatcha gonna do? I've heard they get near 200 with the limiters removed! Amg has always rocked, and their new 6.3 is just as bad.

But then for the $$$$ they should. My only fear with a used one would be as the miles pile up they can need some expensive service!
no apologies necessary steve, the c-srt8 is a MUCH better looking car. imho, the best looking sedan under the $100k+ mark...and even then there is only one or two that barely edge it out. the only drawback to the 300 is that they are such a good looking car that too many people have one.

if anyone buys an e55 used, it's history is important as well as an included service plan and extended warranty...i was lucky to find that.

·
Registered
612 Posts
freakyshiat said:
...And I think we will have better luck with the E63 than the 55 :p
while the e63 may offer a huge improvement in handling, i think mb realized that also, to the point that they made up a bogus recall to detune the e55's because the e63 couldn't beat it. they've upset a lot of people, but we're thankful for the work the aftermarket tuners are doing. it looks like, they'll be getting a lot more business because of it.

rumors are floating around about a '08 e63 twin turbo. if that happens we'll all be bowing down!!!

i hadn't been planning on doing any tuning for a little while but now i'm hoping to have a stage 2 project done within a week or two. like you i'll have to wait a few months for the heat and humidity to go away before i find out some real dyno numbers but who cares!

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
You can race my E55 if you want to beat one! The 1999-2002 E55 has 349HP and 390 ft-lbs. But, don't be surprise if you lose because the stock non-supercharged E55 will do 4.8 seconds. :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
The "which car is faster" debates have always intrigued me, because you can never seem to get people to agree. Some think if their car is faster to sixty, then they are the fastest ( INMO they are the QUICKEST). I think most people (correct me if I'm wrong believe )that the Quarter mile is the best barometer for guaging (fastest car accolades). I personally have ALWAYS been a big believer in the "standing mile" as the way to determine who is the fastest. True that the standing mile is not nearly safe or practical on 95% of the roads, but to me how can anyone say that after a standing mile run that the winner truly is not the fastest car. P.S I am a bit of a homer because I have a SRT-8, and I know that most euro sports cars and all of the German sports sedans are limited to 155MPH, so if your stock and you want to race your Bimmer , Audi, or Benz against the SRTs in the mile run, I'd place my bets on the Dodge/Chrysler boys. Straight up which car would I rather have??. I'll take the E55.

·
Registered
544 Posts
How can someone say the e55 doesn't give up much for the money spent? It's a bang for the buck sedan that can run low 12's and it's a Benz! There are so many more features on that compared to an SRT-8, not to mention it will demolish an SRT-8. It's right next to the new M5 in acceleration and will kill that with a few mods all for a little over $50k. I don't see how you can argue with that..

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
chiromikey said:
no apologies necessary steve, the c-srt8 is a MUCH better looking car. imho, the best looking sedan under the $100k+ mark...and even then there is only one or two that barely edge it out. the only drawback to the 300 is that they are such a good looking car that too many people have one.

if anyone buys an e55 used, it's history is important as well as an included service plan and extended warranty...i was lucky to find that.
Here's one I think looks AND performs better. I'm picking mine up after winning PowerBall. CLS65 AMG. 612HP, 738 LB FT of torque.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Jakez said:
How can someone say the e55 doesn't give up much for the money spent? It's a bang for the buck sedan that can run low 12's and it's a Benz! There are so many more features on that compared to an SRT-8, not to mention it will demolish an SRT-8. It's right next to the new M5 in acceleration and will kill that with a few mods all for a little over $50k. I don't see how you can argue with that..
actually, real world reports are coming in and most are saying that the stock e55 still out performs the new m5 through the 1/4mile or 120mhp mark. after that, supposedly the m5 makes it's comeback. there's ussually not enough road to know for sure but i wouldn't doubt it. 516#'s of torque seems to do a number for the e55!!!

21 - 40 of 117 Posts