Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
330toSRT8 said:
Here's one I think looks AND performs better. I'm picking mine up after winning PowerBall. CLS65 AMG. 612HP, 738 LB FT of torque.
i agree. anything marked "65 amg" is mind blowing! if you wanted a sleeper or to save some money, you could even go '03 and up s600 and you're only an ecu tune away from 625hp/725tq.:notworthy imagine that 5000lb. superluxmobile galloping down the 1/4mile in 11.5 seconds!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I love my SRT8 but I just spent most of the day yesterday with my best friend at the local Mercedes dealer ending up leaving his CLS 500 there and driving home in his new S 65 . . . no interest in ending up with my tail between my legs so we wont be racing in this lifetime.

I really dont like the downsized E after the 2003 re-engineering so the E wouldnt be an option for me

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'll take a M5

Sorry guys, I would take a low mileage, '03 M5 over an E55 anyday. I was real close to buying one before I got $5k off the SRT-8. It is less HP, but it is still the best handling sedan in the world. It's also alot meanier looking. MB still has many quality issues as well. With a nice Dineen package, you can get to the new M5 HP of 500.

Haywood

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
SRT808 said:
What do you think? Is the 300c SRT8, better or the same as an E55 AMG? Has anyone raced an E55? My brother just got a 05 USED E55. Is my 300c SRT8 still the top dogg on the block? :damnit:
Though I absolutely love SRT8's, we have tuned a few E55's in our office that put down upwards of 500rwhp with only a tune, exhaust, and pulley swap. Those things are animals!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have heard about the 08 TT CLS/E 63s also. I hope its true, much like the same way mb did with the early x55s (non supercharged ones). I think a TT CLS/E 63 would be a true upgrade from the current supercharged CLS/E 55s.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
SRT808 said:
What do you think? Is the 300c SRT8, better or the same as an E55 AMG? Has anyone raced an E55? My brother just got a 05 USED E55. Is my 300c SRT8 still the top dogg on the block? :damnit:

For styling, handling, cost and top speed it's hard to beat the SRT8

but for 0-60 or quarter mile speed the E55 wins................

and other than the styling remark, these are facts, not opinions...........

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Haywood said:
Sorry guys, I would take a low mileage, '03 M5 over an E55 anyday. I was real close to buying one before I got $5k off the SRT-8. It is less HP, but it is still the best handling sedan in the world. It's also alot meanier looking. MB still has many quality issues as well. With a nice Dineen package, you can get to the new M5 HP of 500.

Haywood
that would be Dinan............

and I'll put the Brabus E against the Dinan M anyday.......Dinan's are nice ( I've driven a 3 and a 5) , but the Brabus E K8 is stupid fast............

·
Registered
612 Posts
jconnolly1119 said:

and I'll put the Brabus E against the Dinan M anyday.......Dinan's are nice ( I've driven a 3 and a 5) , but the Brabus E K8 is stupid fast............
...and the k8 is only a stage 1 power upgrade!!!

·
Registered
612 Posts
freakyshiat said:
I have heard about the 08 TT CLS/E 63s also. I hope its true, much like the same way mb did with the early x55s (non supercharged ones). I think a TT CLS/E 63 would be a true upgrade from the current supercharged CLS/E 55s.
i highly doubt any of the rumors regarding a tt 63. that motor won't even be released into the new gull wing until '08 and mb has already said, the tt set-up would be exclusive to it. if there is a trickle down, it won't be for several years.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
jconnolly1119 said:

One of the new Bimmer mags had a Hartge 3 series with the V10 outputting 550 HP. Sounds like a good idea but it was some absolutely insane price. It did go over 200 MPH though.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
330toSRT8 said:
One of the new Bimmer mags had a Hartge 3 series with the V10 outputting 550 HP. Sounds like a good idea but it was some absolutely insane price. It did go over 200 MPH though.
good god!!!

where's the Autobahn when you need it?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
chiromikey said:
rumors are floating around about a '08 e63 twin turbo. if that happens we'll all be bowing down!!!
I was reading the latest Automobile Magazine yesterday and it said the upcoming Mercedes Gullwing will use a twin-turbo on the AMG 6.2L to produce 750HP for the initial model. A later version will produce 1000HP. It also said the twin-turbo 6.2 will be unique to the Gullwing.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
More money more parts!

I think all of you are forgetting the fact that our CSRT-8's are naturally aspirated V8 at price of <$50k and we are comparing them to the M5(V10) and E55(Supercharged). Of course the extra money for those attests to the ample power and speed etc. Lets just wait until we have a "GeigerCars.de"(due fall 06) or "GSM" SUPERCHARGED SRT-8 fully tuned for all less than $10k in upgrades and then we should compare to the M5 and E55 which are still 10's of thousands more!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I have had numerous hours of seat time in my girlfriend's E60 M5 and I have to say I really don't like the power output. It's not linear in any sense and only feels powerful above 4,000 rpms. I would take an E55 over it any day, though an SRT8 is definitely your best bang for the buck. :)

·
Registered
544 Posts
FireMedic23 said:
I think all of you are forgetting the fact that our CSRT-8's are naturally aspirated V8 at price of <$50k and we are comparing them to the M5(V10) and E55(Supercharged). Of course the extra money for those attests to the ample power and speed etc. Lets just wait until we have a "GeigerCars.de"(due fall 06) or "GSM" SUPERCHARGED SRT-8 fully tuned for all less than $10k in upgrades and then we should compare to the M5 and E55 which are still 10's of thousands more!
Well you can't exactly compare a modified car to a stock one though.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Chiro,

The E55 we tuned for Evosport, which had simple mods like pulley swap and exhaust, put down over 500 horsepower and tq to the wheels. Those things can be beasts. On the other hand, squeezing more power out of a V10 M5 is extremely hard.

·
Registered
544 Posts
41 - 60 of 117 Posts