Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new here.
I'm thinking about buying a 1st gen srt8, so I'm exploring the internet a lot.
Now that I'm getting more and more into it I discovered that most srt's that are for sale have an extra strip around the fenders. A fender widener so to say.
But all the custom srt's on the web that I would like my future car to look like don't have that extra moulding. I'm sorry, but I don't know how I should call it. I'm from the Netherlands and English is not my 1st language obviously. I hope you guys know what I'm talking about.

Anyway....my question is: did the srt8 come in 2 versions? 1 with the strips and 1 without them or are those strips easy to remove?
I don't mean the horizontal moulding that is on the doors....just to be clear.
If they are not removeable I'd have to look for a car that already doesn't have them.

Hope you guys understand what I'm asking and that you got the right answer me.
Thnx in advance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi there.
You must be talking about the wheel arch extension trims. I believe these were added on the facelift SRT / SRT Design models. They can be removed but most people try to add these onto their cars. You must be the first person who wants to remove them (they are expensive and rare)!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there.
You must be talking about the wheel arch extension trims. I believe these were added on the facelift SRT / SRT Design models. They can be removed but most people try to add these onto their cars. You must be the first person who wants to remove them (they are expensive and rare)!
Yeah that is exactly what I'm talking about.
Hahaha.....I'm probably kinda special then. But good to know they can be removed. And that they're very rare and wanted is even better.....I'll put them on ebay and make some money on 'em in the process.

Thanks for your answer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Ferminator
Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums
Join the 300c forum community to discuss the Chrysler 300c, SRT8, horsepower specs, AWD system and so much more!
Full Forum Listing