Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a slightly used 2005 SRT8. On the test drive, I was with the dealer and my wife. A teenager and his girlfriend pulled up next to us in a late 90's Cobra (not the 390hp supercharged). I didn't think he'd do it, but he tried. Needless to say the big four door launched hard with a little wheelspin and ESC on and the Cobra was left smelling fresh 20" Goodyears. I smiled and turned to the dealer and said "I'll take it".

·
Premium Member
4,470 Posts
It takes some nerve to launch with the dealer/salesman in thr car! ... unless he said, "Go ahead!" Tell us more about the car... and show us some pix real soon!

Edit: Forgot to say also WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
That maneuver was definitely bold on your part! But, it certainly seemed to be the impetus for your purchase. Congratulations and welcome to the forums!

bruno

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
salesmen are fun!

I love to terrorize the poor salesman. When I test drove the CTS-V, I think that one peed his pants. We went over 120mph, slid around corners, and really worked that puppy!

He said nothing!

Steve
06 CSRT8
all stock all original
everything but DVD
waiting for software

·
Registered
28 Posts
stevesrt8 said:
I love to terrorize the poor salesman. When I test drove the CTS-V, I think that one peed his pants. We went over 120mph, slid around corners, and really worked that puppy!

He said nothing!

thats awsome lol.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Both of those salesmen should have been fired. What if you decided you didn't want the car, and they sold it to someone else? Would you want to pay $45,000+ for a "new" car that's been "abused" like that by someone else (probably several someone elses)?

Oh, and by "slightly used", I assume you mean it was used for test drives...probably all of those test drives involved WOT in first gear with fewer than 30 miles on the car, which is the only "abuse" specifically warned against in the owner's manual, IIRC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts