Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, all!! Sorry if this is in the wrong place. So....it seems that my car has munched its flex plate going by sound and some vids I've seen. I have an uprated plate on it's way. Now should I replace the torque convertor and if so where the heck do I find a recon one in the uk without core exchange? Looking at codes they're the same as the 5.7 hemi convertor but the questions are should I and where are they? Many MANY thanks indvance :D

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Hi buddy, your torque converter might be OK, i would change the flex plate and then see if it runs.

Hopefully it's just the flex plate.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
One other thing forgot to mention, the torque converter is a sealed unit welded together, so I don't think its possible to recondition it. I was actually looking at the parts numbers yesterday on a website, the same part numbers for 5.7 and 6.1 were the same.

Hopefully torque converter should be OK, touch wood.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the late reply. Oh ok that's interesting to know. I'll email the guy and see what he says. I've seen recon'd units in the states (I assume them to be) as they say core exchange so I guess they must get recon'd. I'm hoping the flex plate is buggered. If the box comes off and it looks alright I won't be happy haha. I did see the 5.7 and 6.1 are the same so it makes looking for one a bit easier. The parts guy over here said that code number for that part goes on other cars so I'm curious to know what other vehicles use it.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts

Found a video here, its a bit scary though. The shell needs to be cut open with great precision. When its put together, its welded and then the whole thing gets balance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
For what it's worth the torque converter from a V6 NAG1 car and the Jeep SRT8 6.1 are both the same converter and are different than the 5.7/6.1 converter used in the cars. The V6/Jeep 6.1 converter will give you a nice upgrade over the stock 5.7/6.1 car converter. Might be easy to find a V6 NAG1 unit to give you added performance out of your car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for the lack of replies. Well yesterday the car was trailered away. They'll take the 'box off and I have a new flex plate. An uprated one. The TC is going away to a company called Vanmatic who reliably inform they can refurb it at a cost of £170+vat. It my not need it for all I know but while the box is off I may as well. Knowing my luck it'll all go back together and it'll die haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts