Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a little bored last night hanging out on the main drag near me, and decided to mess around with my friend in is 2005 M3. The M3 has intake and exhaust. Went from about a 20 mph roll in first gear. We went on the third horn honk, which he jumped by about 10 feet and I still managed to take him by about half a car length. We are going to go from a stop soon and I will let you guys know the results.

·
Registered
120 Posts
NYC SRT8 said:
Got a little bored last night hanging out on the main drag near me, and decided to mess around with my friend in is 2005 M3. The M3 has intake and exhaust. Went from about a 20 mph roll in first gear. We went on the third horn honk, which he jumped by about 10 feet and I still managed to take him by about half a car length. We are going to go from a stop soon and I will let you guys know the results.
I can tell you what is going to happen, your friend will lose! BADLY! I got rid of my E46 M3 to get my car. I chew M3's up every day where I live, Dinan or no Dinan! Enjoy your ride bro!

·
Registered
21 Posts
M3 Dis-advantage

M3's are great cars! quick agile awesome shifting however they are only dangerous off the line if the driver can take full advantage of his launch and seriously launch the car right into its horsepower range if not (this is from experience with a stock m3 ) by top end of 1st you should have pulled half a car and be able to put a car legnth on him by 70-85 depending on your launch.... either way ive never lost to an m3 3-0
FACT: it would be awesome if you could video it!

·
Registered
120 Posts
SILVER STEEL SRT8 said:
M3's are great cars! quick agile awesome shifting however they are only dangerous off the line if the driver can take full advantage of his launch and seriously launch the car right into its horsepower range if not (this is from experience with a stock m3 ) by top end of 1st you should have pulled half a car and be able to put a car legnth on him by 70-85 depending on your launch.... either way ive never lost to an m3 3-0
FACT: it would be awesome if you could video it!
Sorry boss, I don't drive around with a video camera looking for people to race. What do I look like, a guy who drives an ALTIMA?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
hahahaha

LB44 - What do I look like, a guy who drives an ALTIMA?
LMFAO - HAHAHA - I saw a 3.5 liter Altima the other day and just laughed to myself about that guy in Florida...
you know, the last time someone here talked about throwing down on a M3...
wonder who that would be... :wink1:
It went into a 3 page diatribe about if it would have been a M3 E46 it would have been no contest...
NYC SRT8 - thanks for finding someone before I did to end this issue once and for all...
300C SRT-8's vs. 5-series is the matchup - similar size car and closer weight...
as the thread continued on to Vette's for another 3-4 pages...
Once again, nice KILL NYC SRT8!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Speaking of 5 series my roommate JUST came home with brand new 545i and we will be doing a little line racing once he breaks it in...

More to come with that.. :evil:

·
Registered
117 Posts
LB44 said:
I can tell you what is going to happen, your friend will lose! BADLY! I got rid of my E46 M3 to get my car. I chew M3's up every day where I live, Dinan or no Dinan! Enjoy your ride bro!
Well! I'm not giving up mine! Now, I'll have an '02 M3 Cabriolet AND a 300C/SRT8 to choose from.

Decisions, decisions...

LJB :smoker:

·
Registered
443 Posts
The 545 should make for an interesting race, one that the 8 should win. The M5 is a different story. Older M5 would be too tough to call, but the new M5 should take an SRT8 without too much trouble..........of course it really comes down to the driver and the launch, but I wouldn't want to tangle with a M with an experienced driver. Now jketron on the other hand.................seeya!!!!!!!!!!! :wave: :wave:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
jconnolly1119....

Now jketron on the other hand.................seeya!!!!!!!!!!!
rumor has it there are 2 other GS Motorsports Superchargers out there...
So whose got em?
can't wait to see what the stage II is going to do numbers wise for Johnny boy...

·
Registered
443 Posts
cbutler32 said:
Now jketron on the other hand.................seeya!!!!!!!!!!!
rumor has it there are 2 other GS Motorsports Superchargers out there...
So whose got em?
can't wait to see what the stage II is going to do numbers wise for Johnny boy...
Yeah I'm sitting waiting patiently to see what stage two will do.......hell if Hennessey can get 1000hp from the SRT10 I have pretty high hopes that Gs will not let us down. 600hp to the rears would be insane!!!! And I have a feeling that # might end up being LOW!! :silly: :silly: :banana: YEEEHAAAWWW!!!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
M3SMG02 said:
Well! I'm not giving up mine! Now, I'll have an '02 M3 Cabriolet AND a 300C/SRT8 to choose from.

Decisions, decisions...

LJB :smoker:
Nice! I'm just waiting on my M6 convert., talk about a tough choice. :wink1:

·
Registered
117 Posts
LB44 said:
Nice! I'm just waiting on my M6 convert., talk about a tough choice. :wink1:

I know...there is no bad choice here...

LJB

P.S. I'll drive the M3 on weekends...wait, the SRT8...no...

:smoker:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts