Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey fellas. my 06 srt8 already has 60000+ miles! i know time has pasted by!

well i was wondering how much people have spent on the 60000 tune up?
i called a dealership close to me and they quoted me $600+!!??thats alot of cash!

i was wondering how much some of you guys spent on your tune ups or if you guys have any tips on things i need to do ( my car has been a lil weak lately )
Lost to a 335i yesterday! the same one i've beat b4 and he hasnt done ****! i know that for a fact cause hes my bro LOL

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have 70,000 miles now and have not tune up, was thinking about it at 100,000 miles, car is still strong and ran 165 just yesterday.

·
Registered
903 Posts
There's really nothing to "tune up" in these cars. That 60,000 mile service is probably changing fluids in the trans, differential and maybe coolant and probably check the belt and brakes. Plugs aren't due until 100,000 miles. If you're worried about a loss of power you might want to do your own plugs and look into getting a diablo.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
read

it would be better to read your manual and see what is really called for at 60K.

·
Registered
903 Posts
My point is regardless of what fluids/filters need to be changed at 60,000 miles, there is nothing that will make your car faster. Unless you're extremely low on a critical fluid or have burnt your plugs (which again are good for 100,000 miles). Your car will have exactly the same "carb" settings, "points" settings and "timing" as it did when new. ("")All old car terms that new electronics have made obsolete.

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Top fuel is right. If anything your car should be running better than ever. Seems the higher the miles these car run better. DanRealtor running almost 100k VERY tough miles and his car is a beast, just to name one.

Do you have a tune? I'm wondering if you got caught in a bad gear, or, with the heat of the summer coming on maybe bad heat soak.

You can change the plugs, but that's about it.

Good luck and I hope you get her back on track!

Moose.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks fellas..

waddup paul.. i was gonna get a com but decided to save my money, i wanna get the new m3!..

moose,topfuel i dont have a tune or anything.. im thinking i burnt out plugs??

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
thanks fellas..

waddup paul.. i was gonna get a com but decided to save my money, i wanna get the new m3!..

moose,topfuel i dont have a tune or anything.. im thinking i burnt out plugs??

Damn bro that would be sick!

That's a heavy pricetag too!

Call me sometime!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts