Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 300C SRT8 stalled 3 times yesterday just after starting. Full tank of gas. Anyway had this kinda problem?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Crappy CA 91 octane.

:)

Were you driving or was it just as you were leaving your parking space?

·
Registered
134 Posts
give it more gas and let off easier on the clutch.....Oh wait, i forgot...this isn't the CTS-V board.:pat:

Seriously though, it must be throwing a code if it is stalling> i would bring it to the dealer next time it does it w/out ever shutting the key off just in case that erases the code.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went to dealer and they are replacing the tank.
Str8 swap. Chrysler knows all about it as mentioned in other threads. All 06’s have the problem (or potential of the problem) so might as well get it done.

jasonnjames said:
My new 300C SRT8 stalled 3 times yesterday just after starting. Full tank of gas. Anyway had this kinda problem?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hello JasonJames, any more info/or where we can find the info on what you are talking about regarding chrysler knowing about the problem with the 06s and the need to replace the gas tank???

thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The mechanic asked what happened to which I told him about filling up the car with gas. He just came str8 out with, ‘yeah we’ve had a few of those, and Chrysler provides replacement tanks which don’t cause bubbles and or air locks causing stalling’. He told a number off the tank, I guess this is a warranty replacement. The tank is on order and will be swapped out soon. I’ll ask more when I next visit.

SRT8C said:
Hello JasonJames, any more info/or where we can find the info on what you are talking about regarding chrysler knowing about the problem with the 06s and the need to replace the gas tank???

thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts