Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hallo

I have bougth a STA-5 GPRS trakker from wintec. It always tells me where my car is. It gives messages to my phone and/or a site on internet with maps. Works great :)

The STA is prepard to be triggerd from a electrical impulse from the cars alarm. When the alarm triggers, the STA will then call my cellphone - and I will run VERY fast ;-)

But the guy who installed it, tells me that he can only connect the STA-5 to the electrical wires from my horn. So when the alarm goes of, the horn get a signal, and then also the STA-5 will trigger. BUT... then it also triggers whenever I use my horn :pat:

So he advice me to buy another alarm for the car. I will if I have to....

But maybe someone knows a way to fix this using the standard alarm. Or to be more pricise. Does anyone know where to find the Alarm, and a wire/and its colour that I could use as a trigger input to the STA 5?

Its a European 2007, 3.0 CDR (diesel).

Thanks for your help and advice

Bo

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'm guessing he is using the horn as the audible signal for when the alarm is activated, If this is so then you don't HAVE to hook it up to the horn, you'll need a relay and a aftermarket car alarm siren, wire a constant 12+ source to one side or the relay, then wire the triggered side of the realy to the trigger wire from you alarm, the remaining (switched) wire from the relay will go to the + side of the alarm siren, no more worries and you can blare your horn in traffic all you want.
(though he may have wired it wrong if you cant use your horn :smashfrea)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey T8

Thanks for the advice :) That sounds like a good way to solve the problem. Now I only need to find out where the car's alarm is... But that must be something Chrysler could tell me.

:eek:)

Bo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts