Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
H Everyone,

The Startech grille looks lovely when new, but I do a fair amount of mileage and it gets really dirty in the holes (mesh) and wondered if anyone has come up with a good way of cleaning it?

I suspect that Stefan probably has a good way looking at his signature pics!

Any ideas most welcome,

Steve.

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
I use a small child's toothbrush and clean each hole individually.

Nah, just kidding!!

I just you a soft bristled brush and generally just go over the whole area, it doesn't get right in between each hole though.

Stef

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm surprised you've not tried a bottle cleaner. Would only add say 2-3 hours to the already quick cleaning regime you've got :)

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
I did think about that the other day, then forgot all about it!

I'll have to have a look for one.

I've got the week off next week so as long as the weather is favourable I might spend a day on the car and clay bar it as well.

Stef

·
Registered
184 Posts
now theres a question ... Clay Bar? I'm obviously one of those from the dark ages and garage car wash community :)

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Clay Bar? That's that big pub down your way Stefan, isn't it? Joking of course - but you really only need that kind of treatment with a highly polished black car. I find our local handwashing company very satisfactory.
Cheers John

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,

Well you learn something new everyday!I had never heard of a clay bar until today, after reading that info I'm glad i'm not yet obsessed with cleaning my car.

The bottle cleaner is a good idea, I have one of those, will give it a try.

Steve.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
theres tons of clay bars on fleabay,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts