Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in my local DC dealer last Thursday getting my Monostar IV's replaced under warranty (which took 3.5 very long hours!!
- don't get me started!!
) and picked up this, which I was told it is current. I don't think it includes painting and fitting - nobody there seemed to know :pat:

I though it might be of interest :fing02:

·
Registered
176 Posts
What was wrong with your wheels? Mine are corroding under the paint.
I have the Startech exhausts and rear bumper surrounds and they look fantastic. With the wheels they make the car very businesslike. The 5.7 makes a nice tone through the cabin as well. 2000 - 3500 rpm is best.
G

·
Registered
176 Posts
I believe the Startech prices do not include fitting and painting. I think the brochure is available on the 'net.
G.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
G,
Here are the pics I took with my phone.

I was told I might have had a chance on 2 of the 4 as the "rule" of warranty claims say that the corrosion had to visible from a metre away.

Anyway got all 4 approved and replaced - so I'm well pleased - except for the 3 1/2 hours of my life that I'll never get back

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
that IS bad isnt it!I just looked at my wheels on my 05 and no corrosion and I hardly wash the car too.

3.5 hours to change 4 wheels and tyres????even our apprentice can do that in 3/4 hour,what where they up to??

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I usually leave it there and get them to give me a lift home and then they either deliver the car back or they pick me up. This time I thought to save them and me the bother, I'd wait, as it wouldn't take long - HA!

what where they up to??
having tea and taking the piss - me thinks

·
Registered
623 Posts
What, tea and piss cause that corrosion????
LOL

I would have thought that the wheels being made in some cheap Chinese sweatshop then being sold on at a massive profit is more likely the cause ....

Possibly the same place that all the very poor quality Merc components of late have come from? :yuck:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Big Ian, see if you can spot the difference between yours and mine.
As far as I've noticed I don't have the random-looking marks. Those chips are only on the leading edges of my spokes and they're worst on the right side.
See the light scratching? That's air friction that is. I only ever wash radially and the wheels were fine until about three months ago.
Ignore the rusty brake disc - caused by washing the car the day before and not drying them off.
By the way, how come my picture is a thumbnail and yours are big?
G.

Attachments

·
Registered
650 Posts
Monostar

Just a quick question to those with monostar wheel (or anybody really) what should the tyre pressres read on the EVIC or just normally ?

Cheers

Stig
:)

·
Registered
176 Posts
No idea. This time of year mine are 2.2 bar cold and 2.4 bar warm. Can't remember what they were when I got the car but I think they might have been 2.1 bar cold, and I suspected the tyres were wearing more at the edge than the middle.
G.

·
Registered
176 Posts
BigIan,
pardon the language, but it is a well known fact that T makes you P, so if you were in the dealer's workshop around 10am then the postulated activities are highly likely to have taken place.
And from (Watson's I think (sorry, Badger's)) post I would agree that these activities, if inappropriately conducted, could indeed accelerate the onset of wheel corrosion, thus it is advised to wash and protect your new wheels on your return from the dealer.
G.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Very politely and nicely put Greenheugh - one must admire you consumate command of the English language together with your restraint. I would have thought though that the main concern was dogs - and they are not renown for drinking tea - but certainly their ability with the other end is legion.
Cheers John

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
G,
Looks to me that you've got a good case for replacements.

Re the pictures. I upload them to Photobucket.com (there are many other image hosting sites available) and then insert the "image link" into the post.

cheer

Ian

·
Registered
176 Posts
I think I'll show them my Startech grille surround while I'm there. The chrome is quite stained at the bottom, and the bumper chromes are perfect. I'm seeing them on Tuesday.
G.

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
I've got one Monostar with slight corrosion like yours, I must get them to look at the grille too.

Job for next Saturday morning me thinks.

Stef

1 - 17 of 17 Posts